Friday, 29 January 2016

Passionate - I don't think so

I've done loads of housework today, including washing and changing 3 lots of bedding. Luckily after a massive downpour the sun came out this afternoon and it was windy enough to get a couple of loads dried outside. 

I've ordered myself a music theory book off Amazon, as instructed by niece/teacher and also this WW2 diary. I've been looking for something like the Nella Last diaries for a while and having read a couple of pages of this on Amazon's 'Look Inside' I think this will be perfect.
                                     Image result for Mrs Miles diary image This afternoon I had my hair cut, then did a Thomas, (without the moaning) and jumped straight into the shower. Mark was doing the school run and I seriously considered getting into my PJ's but 3pm in the afternoon seemed a bit slobby, even by my standards.

Sadie quite rightly pointed out yesterday that I need to focus on the lycra for Lanzarote so I've sent in the food equivalent of the SAS to combat the vanilla crown that fell into my mouth yesterday; a haddock fishcake and healthy salad. I need to make a bigger salad in future though. Mark and Amy dived into it as well which meant my portion was much smaller than anticipated.
I reckon I burned a few calories last night at dancing. We waltzed around the floor to 3 songs, did the dreaded cha cha cha and also the full Tango sequence. I got all giggly when my leg had to go in between Mark's, although his once uncontrollable desire for me seems to have disappeared as he looked right through me and with great concentration counted his way through the dance. 

Not that I'm bothered really. In all honesty clicky hips, bad backs, aching feet and too much weight means our passionate tango days are well and truly over. I'm happy to settle for growing old together. Notice I didn't use the word gracefully!

xxx











16 comments:

  1. Good book choice
    Have you read "Few eggs and No Oranges" by Vere Hodgson - a Big wartime Diary and a really good read.
    Sounds like your dancing is going well ;-)and the flute too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't read that one Sue, but I'll get it. I loved the Nella Last books and felt like I'd lost a friend when I'd finished them. The dancing is going better than expected and we both really look forward to our lesson. The flute is quite hard to get a decent noise out of but I'm getting there. Got a really dry tight cough at the moment so that doesn't help. xx

      Delete
  2. Had I been home all day today, I'd have got some washing out too. Been so blustery it would have been dried in minutes!

    Eeks. Sorry! Didn't mean to shame you into eating healthy! That said, your plate of food looks pretty fabulous and I'd have been hovering too!

    Your comment about the 'once uncontrollable desire' made me laugh! :O)

    Have a lovely Friday night xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, have you been somewhere nice today then? Do tell :)

      No, you absolutely must definitely shame me into losing my bag of potatoes although I might cheat and forget to tell you my naughty lapses. The fishcake was delicious, I just needed more salad but can't complain because it's good to see Mark and Amy eat it as well.

      Ahhhh uncontrollable desire. Tis but a fleeting memory of days gone by in the springtime of our lives. I just cuddle up to him now to keep warm. Hahahaha xx

      Delete
  3. :o) thanks for your comment. Well, of course I'll still be visiting! And while I say it's a break, it's kind of not, just a bit of slowing down for a while so I can do other things, or absolutely nothing at all if the mood takes me. Thing is, if you announce you're taking a little time away, it can read that you aren't blogging for a while, so I hate to say it. But then I think regular readers might worry that something's properly wrong, and I don't like to do that either. So it's just me trying to say 'all ok, just need a bit of time for other stuff sometimes'.

    Have you cut your tulips down? Trim the ends, then plunge them up to their necks in icy cold water. Give them a couple of hours like that. That might help them perk up a bit. I often do that with roses that look a bit wilted, it usually saves them for a bit longer.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s, the women gossiping over the fence description made me laugh! So true :O) xx

      Delete
    2. I agree, when you blog every day and decide to take a break it seems rude not to let people know, especially when they take the time to leave comments. I always cut the ends of all my flowers, so no idea why they've drooped. I've put them in with daffodils this time though but can't see how that would make a difference. I'll try your tip of icy water though to see if it works. Thanks for the tip. xx

      Delete
    3. Haha, yes we can be Cissie and Ada from the Les Dawson sketch. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a productive and energetic day (and I, for one, can't wait for you two to have a stab at the Argentine tango; have a feeling something might get re-ignited). Wearing jamas in the afternoon is slobby, you say? No-one told me that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all top show Liz. PJ's in the afternoon are more than acceptable in my book, but I thought I'd better pretend otherwise especially as this week they seem to be a hot topic re. mum's doing the school run in them.

      Not sure what tango we are doing, I only hope we don't progress to the bit where I'm leaning on Marks leg as he drags me across the floor. We could both do without being in traction. You'll be the first to know if the flame starts flickering again. At the moment we're both like those articifical battery operated tealights you can buy :) xx

      Delete
  5. Regarding your tulips. I read somewhere that if you pierce the stems with a needle just under the flower they stay upright. I haven't tried it myself yet but it may be worth a try. Your dancing sounds very energetic. We are having a line dancing lesson next week at our WI meeting which should be "entertaining!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison and welcome to Number 38. The tulips are very strange. I've got 2 that are OK and the rest are practically touching the windowsill. I've never heard of piercing the stems before but I'll try it next time I buy a bunch.

      The ballroom dancing is a bit more energetic than I thought it would be. I just imagined gliding gracefully around the floor but the cha cha cha has put paid to that theory haha. I did line dancing years ago and it was really good fun, I'm sure you'll have a great time. xx

      Delete
  6. Ooeer missus!! I blushed as I read about your twining legs! You are a shameless hussy!! My Aunty Laura had a bunch of China tulips. They never drooped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a split second I thought 'I've never heard of chinese tulips' until I realised what you meant haha. The tulips are usually find, so no idea why they've drooped.

      The legs might have been entwined but there was no hip grinding I can assure you. Two fat tummies put paid to that. xx

      Delete
  7. Your description of Mark during the tango made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's taking this ballroom dancing very seriously. While I was still sniggering and over exaggerating my stamp he was muttering numbers and slow, quick quick etc. under his breath. Hardly the stuff of rising sexual tension! xx

      Delete