Friday, 15 January 2016

Painting, Project January and Planning a day out

Not feeling too good today so apart from painting the door and drinking lots of tea and hot chocolate that's been about it. 
I bought some things from The Range last night to finish the room off. Roses on twigs with lights - sorry, descriptive words aren't flowing today, but they look lovely lit up in the evening.
3 sparkly candle holders to match my silver shelf.
And a painting propped artistically in the corner to hide a a couple of inches of pipes on show. It's a little bit like the blue/black or gold/white dress. Depending on the light and angle it changes colour. 
I was planning to make coffee and walnut cupcakes but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

There is one shelf in the wardrobe to finish and another tip trip to be done and Project January is complete. Only halfway through the month as well. Feeling pleased with myself at how much I've managed to do. 

As a reward, next week I'm hoping to treat myself to a visit to 84 Plymouth Grove, Manchester the home of Elizabeth Gaskell. A good nosey around and a cup of tea and piece of cake in her kitchen is just what I need. 
   

xxx




8 comments:

  1. frills & fancies! Love them. Roses on twigs with lights look very pretty, and I love the candle holders. Are they The Range?

    You should be proud of yourself, you've done tons and we're only two weeks into January! Pretty good going if you ask me. I've got a list as long as my arm of stuff to do around the house, but have barely done a thing!

    Your day out is going to be rather lovely. hope you take oodles of photos.

    Oh, and you are off to the ballet this weekend too. you lucky thing. Feels like I've got to wait ages for mine!

    :O)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything is from The Range, I love my new retail discovery. Only trouble is, and I'm not sure if this is the case everywhere, the one in Rochdale is huge and absolutely freezing! I only lasted half an hour and I don't think it was because I was a bit under par. There was just no heat in there at all.

      I love making a list but when I don't really want to do anything I put silly things on like empty dishwasher, hang washing on airer, just everyday things but at least I can cross them off and feel like I've done something lol.

      It's snowing here, hope we can get to the ballet! xx

      Delete
  2. p.s hope you are feeling better today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot better thank you. I think I passed it on to Mark and of course being the male species he's much worse than I was! xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling a little better now, your planned visit sounds good. I hope you enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, feeling much better now thank you. I think the house looks really interesting and according to the website nothing much is out of bounds. You're encouraged to sit, touch, read books etc. which will be brilliant. xx

      Delete
  4. I adore that rose picture. Your room is looking gorgeous X hope you feel better today X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel. Thank you very much. The rose picture is doing a grand job of covering up pipework and making me do double takes when it changes colour! Feel much better thank you. No chance of being too long at Number 38, so just as well. xx

      Delete