Monday, 4 January 2016

On a roll

I started the day with a pomegranate and raspberry tea. It tastes a little bit like weak Vimto. When I was little Vimto used to be a real treat for us and we'd drink it hot or cold depending on our mood or the weather. 
I'm on a roll with the kitchen cupboards. My corner one didn't take as long as I thought it would so I also did the food cupboard. It's funny how only having one cupboard a day on a 'to do' list is that easy to achieve it doesn't seem too hard to do another. 
The cupboards got a good wipe down although they weren't actually that bad, just in a mess. These photos won't win any prizes for most interesting blog pictures but I do like a before and after for me to look at and feel like it was a job worth doing. Don't worry, I won't be posting pictures of my cupboards every day!
I took Mum to Middleton this morning. My brother bought her a coffee machine for Christmas so she wanted some latte cups and a pair of knitting needles. She came home with the cups, a rug, a dinner service, nail files and a packet of easiyo yoghurt! But no knitting needles, although I managed to find her some in Asda this afternoon. I came home with a storage box for my 'tidy stationery shelf' day and a bag of oven chips!

The first day back at school seems to have gone well. It doesn't take long for Amy and Thomas to get back into the stride of things.

And I'm off to Dunelm tomorrow to look at their bits and bobs, so tomorrow's photos should be more interesting. 

xxx



8 comments:

  1. I don't mind the cupboard pics at all. I always take photos to get a B&A, even if no one else wants to see them, I like to have the record and see how nice things CAN look after a good sort out.

    Glad all went well with school. It always feels a bit of a worry doesn't it? When they've had a break and go back. Violet is back tomorrow (PD day today), but so far, she doesn't seem too bothered. Everything is ready, packed lunch in the fridge. Just worried about getting up tomorrow, for both of us!

    Can't wait to see what goodies you find in Dunelm!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it. I like to compare how it was to how it is now and sit back smugly thinking "I did that".

      Mmm, second day at school and we've already had to ring in. Long story short there are about 6 boys in Thomas' group of 'friends' and they've decided to set up a youtube account to make money. It's all silly stuff, but the 'leader' decided yesterday Thomas was the only one not allowed to be in it. Last night we told him to ignore it but today, the leader changed his mind and said Thomas could join as long as he passed a 'test'. Then he changed his mind and said, actually, no you can't be in it because your face isn't right, it's too serious and all the others laughed. The bit that bothered us the most was having to pass a 'test' to get in the club. What will that 'test' be? Plus Thomas came home and asked what was wrong with his face. Anyway, we rang the teacher and she's going to have a word tomorrow and get back to us. I'm convinced 99% of the kids in this world are little s***s.

      Hope Violet's first day back went well. xx

      Delete
  2. I love a good before and after photo! Can't wait to see what you buy! There's gorgeous things a plenty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought furniture! Didn't realise they did it but what a find. The quality is as good as I've seen in other places but the prices are nowhere near as expensive as what some stores are charging. I shall post a couple of before and afters as I go along especially for you. xx

      Delete
    2. Think I'm all caught up with you now - I've been working backwards since your X box room post! And I am loving the photos!!

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure they're doing me any favours. I bet you all think I'm a right slob haha.

      Delete
  3. There's much pleasure to be had in a clean cupboard. I say post the photos... I'm pretty guilty of a few cupboard shots myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do a before shot of the 'X-box' room next week for you all to gasp at. I've got half the house shoved in there waiting to be put away. It'll shame me into getting it sorted out. xx

      Delete