Thursday, 28 January 2016

Lots of Nothing

I progressed to A and G in the flute today and thanks to Angel Jem I can now play Merrily we Roll Along. It's a bit breathy and a few notes don't actually materialise, but it's passable for a 3 day old flute player or flautist as us professionals are known!

Today has been a lot of nothing really. It started with shopping where a vanilla crown accidentally fell into my trolley and then into my mouth. I couldn't decide between tulips or more daffodils so I bought both. My hyacinth is coming on slowly but no sign of a flower yet although it looks like it's ready to burst open any minute.
After putting the shopping away I got the jigsaw out. You'd think the gaps would be easy enough to fill but they're not. I did have a good run though and probably did about 50 pieces before I started to go jigsaw blind.
I read some more of The Husband's Secret (I know what his secret is now, but I'm not telling). He wrote a letter to his wife years ago telling her the secret but never handed to her. However, she's found it and reads it. The letter was opened at the end of a chapter and I confess I did the unthinkable and skipped the next 2 chapters to find out what the secret in the letter was. I did go back and read the 2 chapters though. 
I took Thomas for his haircut then dunked him in the shower. He can't abide having his hair cut and isn't that keen on showers either, so I have to brace myself for barber days.

Amy had a dental appointment which was double booked with the barbers so Mark whisked her up there. No fillings, although she did need some sort of protective covering applied.

We had lamb steaks, new potatoes and vegetables for tea and very nice it was too.

And now we're off out dancing. We added a few more steps to the Cha Cha Cha last week. It was like doing an aerobics class with me panting and puffing my way through it. I seriously thought about playing the HA card and sitting it out, but cardio is supposed to be good for me so I persevered with a few 2 minute rests here and there (pretending I'd gone wrong, so I could stop).

I might not stand on Mark's toes tonight as he said my 'Merrily We Roll Along" sounded pretty good. Personally I think he's read my blog and is aware of what's coming. He's been suspiciously full of compliments today which is very unusual for him. 

xxx






10 comments:

  1. ooh, yeah, he's read your blog! Ha ha!

    Your day of nothing is really pretty full and busy actually. I know what it's like to have to wrestle a reluctant kid into the shower, so I full sympathise.

    Good going on the flute business, you'll soon be part of an orchestra at this rate!

    You can never go wrong with buying two lots of flowers. I give myself a budget each week, max of £8 to spend on flowers during weekly shop. Sometimes I spend less, but most weeks, it's spot on. By the way, Asda have hyacinths for £2. 3 in a pot. I bought some pink ones last week, and I can see definite growth and about-to-bloomness. :O)

    you are so naughty with the book. That is EXACTLY what I would have done! None of this faffing about suspense business, oh no, just find out the secret and read on. A bit like Christmas pressies really, don't bother wrapping until I've looked, then wrap them up! ha ha ha! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, sometimes a lot of nothing adds up to quite a bit of doing. Thomas hates the scratchy hair on his back, so it's moaning all the way home that he's itchy, then moaning because he has to get in the shower so he's not itchy.

      My tulips were £2 and the daffodils were £1. I don't think Lidl have any flowers more than £3.50 and they're the lilies that last forever.

      Ah, the book. No good me running "should I, shouldn't I" by you then haha. I don't think I've ever skipped chapters before, but his wife ran through so many scenarios wondering what it could be that she had me hooked and I just had to find out. I can't wait to see how the story will pan out with the secret he's revealed. xx

      Delete
  2. p.s, vanilla crown, good call. But come on woman, lycra, in just a few weeks! Focus, woman, focus!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it was an accident. I was shouting NO, don't jump into my mouth and it just dived right in ;)

      Delete
    2. I do t even know what a vanilla crown is, but d have taken it from you I order to 'help' you with your Lycra situation.....

      Delete
    3. It's a danish pastry with vanilla custard in the middle. Delicious but very naughty, although I might make it my weekly treat. Just need to stop the daily treat I think as I've not lost anything at all this week. And we've been out walking which I don't usually do. So annoying when the scales don't move. How's it going at your end. Better than me I hope. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad my BAG could be of use! And vanilla crown is a good call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAG has been very helpful, thank you. My memory is terrible. I must have played that tune thousands of times on the recorder as a kid, yet it didn't spring to mind. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm with Thomas on the hair thing, my hair is really thick and so prickly and when cut it drives me nuts until I can get in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Thomas' hair is thick and quite coarse as well. I just thought he was being dramatic when he said his hair was sticking into him but maybe it really does. I always have to have a shower after a haircut, can't abide all those little bits stuck to my face and neck. xx

      Delete