Saturday, 16 January 2016

Little buns in the oven

Just in case you thought I was going mad, here's a photo of the flower I took last night, which has turned blue.
I'm feeling much better today but Mark has spent most of the day in bed, emerging every now and then to ask for a drink and to tell me he thinks he's dying! 

Mum stayed away as she doesn't want to catch the lurgy, Amy has been into Manchester with friends and Thomas has been doing his own thing, so it's been a quiet sort of day.

I finished reading Forgiven which was really interesting. I'm not sure I could forgive somebody who murdered my child or in one family's case 2 children. But it does make you question that even though it's the harder thing to do, in the long run is it better for your own sanity and inner peace. I hope I never have to find out. I haven't decided which book will be next but I have this pile to choose from.
I made cakes today, plain vanilla sponge and coffee and walnut. With time on my hands I had a bit of a faff around so we have a choice. Anyway, these are my buns in the oven.
But this little bun in the oven is much more exciting. Matthew text this to us; little baby F in the making. This is the first scan and everything is fine. Another 6 months of cooking and he/she will be perfect. 

xx














10 comments:

  1. Both types of buns look great to me! How exciting for you all. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. Can't wait for baby bun to arrive. In the meantime I'm sure I'll be making lots more of my own little buns for Number 38. xx

      Delete
  2. ooh, it's blue! How did that happen?

    Sorry you've got the germs in your house. Hope they shove off quickly.

    Your little cakes are perfect. Mine come out all 'caught' on the edges, and the cases always look awful. How do you keep them so clean looking like that? I could happily snaffle a few of those right now. Just in a tea and cake sort of mood today.

    Aw. Scan pics. So cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spooky isn't it lol. Maybe I should post it on t'internet and cause a national debate - Again!

      I always put a baking tray on the shelf above the bun tin which means they rise flat, rather than really pointed if that makes sense, and they don't catch. Might be worth a try. I've eaten 2, a coffee and walnut and one with a cherry on. And I took a leaf out of your book and actually took the time to sit and enjoy them with a cup of tea, rather than ramming them in while folding the washing.

      Can't believe the detail of the scan. Baby is only 12 weeks. I'm sure they weren't as good as that when I had Amy and Thomas. xx

      Delete
    2. that's a corking tip, I'm going to try it ~ thanks! Good for you for sitting and enjoying them. They take time and effort, and you should take the time to appreciate them :O)

      Certainly is a clear scan. I'll have to show Violet's one day, it looked like her ribcage was actually a stripy top! :O) x

      Delete
    3. I left an oven tray in by mistake once when I was baking and the cakes turned out like that. Done it ever since and it works every time. I did enjoy them and I think my indigestion has a lot to do with just gobbling food down, so I'm going to make an effort to sit and eat properly at lunchtime.

      The scan is good isn't it. I found Amy's and although it's obviously a baby, it's not as detailed. Yes, put Violet's up one day. I'd love to see her little ribs. I find it amazing how little they are but how detailed everything is. xx

      Delete
  3. The Husband's Secret is very good and our book group really enjoyed it-hope you will too. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catriona. In that case The Husband's Secret will be my next read. I'd quite like to belong to a book club. My sister used to go to one and they took it in turns to choose a book to read. Is yours a family/friends group or through a local bookshop/club? xx

      Delete
  4. How is that rose now blue??!!
    Beautiful scan photo. It's all so very exciting!
    Your buns look so professional! Mine are always lumpy and bumpy! I will try your top tip X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's camera twickery! I've no idea but it's weird isn't it. Anyway I get double the value for money. Gold in the day and blue in the evening.

      The scan is great isn't it. It the legs and feet that amaze me. There is a theory that even at 12 weeks you can tell the sex of the baby depending on the angle of what is called the 'nub'. I'm not looking into it though, probably couldn't tell anyway. That's for Matthew and Sophie to know first. xx

      Delete