Thursday, 7 January 2016

Flowers and Finding Room

Mum made me one of these last night. It was delicious and if I'd not just cleared out my kitchen I'd be tempted to buy one myself, but I want to keep the space I've made free for a bit longer. I'm not a big coffee drinker anyway, so having one a week will be a real treat. 
I've not been to Lidl since 23rd December and the first thing to go in the trolley today was a bunch of roses. I haven't bought any flowers since the Christmas decorations went up and it's lovely to see some colour again. 
I also bought a bird feeder, nuts and fat balls. I've not seen any sign of the Robin this year so this is a bid to entice him back to the garden. Other birds are also welcome of course.
The kitchen is finished. I threw away a black bag full of stuff so I'm feeling good about that. Next on the agenda is the Xbox room. This room stumps me to be honest. We need and use everything that's in it but it always looks untidy. Mostly it's full of Thomas' bits and bobs, Mark's photography equipment and paperwork which we have tonnes of. The box in the bottom right hand corner is overflowing with swords, guns and shields spilling out into the corner.
I realised that no matter how much I thin this lot out there will never be enough room for everything to be put away neatly, so I ordered another one of the wider shelves from Argos. I ordered on line at 12.30pm and delivery will be tonight between 7pm and 8.30pm. We couldn't get them in the car so would have had to pay anyway, but even for same day delivery we were only changed the standard price of £3.95 which I thought was really good.  
And so Project January continues. To clear and clean and keep on going, even when the going gets tough. 

We're off out for our dancing lesson now. I can remember the Waltz but not the other two, so we'll have to start from scratch.


xxx





15 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying Project January. Such pretty flowers you chose. I'm doing weekly shop tomorrow, and top of my list reads 'Flowers = pink!' :O)

    grated cheese. Sprinkle a little of that on the ground and wait for your robin, they love it. And breadcrumbs. Whenever I put out either, my little robin friend shows up minutes after I go back in. Try it!

    Happy Dancing to you! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed my flowers. I would have liked red roses for Christmas but every space was taken up. We have to be careful with house plants as well because Wendy eats them!

      I'll try the grated cheese but as it's a favourite treat for the dogs not sure the birds will get a look in.

      We did the tango last night. Get us lol. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes to the purchase of fresh flowers. I did the same and treated myself to a big bunch of tulips. You're doing really well with the sorting and de-cluttering. I'm trying to follow your example (no, I really am!) but it feels never ending. Hope the dance lesson went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a bunch of fresh flowers to lift a room. It does seem never ending and I have a sneaky suspicion as I move on there are little pixies behind me filling up any space I've already made. I'm venturing into the Xbox room today. I may be gone for some time. xx

      Delete
  3. Waves hello! It feels like I've been absent from Blogland foreverrrrr!! Robins are v partial to mealworms too! Project January sounds like it's going well! ( I'm working my way backwards through posts! )
    I did a top up shop to Sainsrobbers tonight. £56 on chicken breasts, reduced free range eggs, clover £1 on offer, Ariel washing liquid £4 on offer. I have no idea what else I got! Still zombieRach lol it'll be a surprise when I check the fridge in the morning!! Hope the dancing went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rachel. Disrupted sleep is a funny thing. I'm usually OK the day after but 2 or 3 days down the line and I can hardly function. I'm assuming Miss 21 has made contact and all is well.

      Yes, I've been doing top-up shops as well which can turn out quite expensive in the long run. Glad to be back in my routine now.

      Dancing was good. We can waltz around the floor albeit in a very wooden fashion. Last night we did the tango. I might need to purchase a pair of heels soon. Not sure if you can get them in hush puppy comfort fit that accommodates a painful corn on toe though! xx

      Delete
    2. Oooo get you! The Tango!! Saucy!
      In answer to the question on my blog, she did indeed go on her own. The boyfriend just taxied her to the airport!

      Delete
    3. Wow, I'm impressed. What an independent young lady. It's not so much the travelling I'd mind but the hanging around on my own in between flights. xx

      Delete
  4. I do like Lidl roses, all the flowers I had in the house for Christmas have faded and gone so flowers are top of my list when I do the weekly shop later. Project January is happening here too, once all the Christmas stuff is cleared it is a good time to rethink the everyday. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lidl flowers are really good and last for ages. Their lilies can be on the windowsill for 3 weeks and they're not expensive either.

      I love having the Christmas decs up but the house feels lovely when they've gone and I totally agree, it's a perfect opportunity to have a good clear out and a re-jig. Good luck with Project January. I can't say I'm actually enjoying it, but seeing tidy shelves and black bags of rubbish ready for the tip is making it all worthwhile. xx

      Delete
  5. The roses are beautiful. What kind of coffee drink are you having? LH and I quite often have a french vanilla coffee and cookie or cake mid afternoon. How are things with Thomas? No more bother at school I hope. It's very cold here at the moment, -17C with a bitter cold wind. It snowed all day yesterday but not today. It's supposed to get up to about +5C by Wednesday as we are supposed to get a Chinook, we hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a latte, no flavouring, Mum likes coffee but none of this fancy stuff haha. I had a cup of tea and a piece of Christmas cake yesterday afternoon and it was lovely. I'm glad it never gets eaten over Christmas as it gets better as the weeks go by.

      Brrrr -17C. I can't even begin to think how cold that would be. It fascinates me that people go about their daily business probably without giving it a second thought. +5C will be like the Bahamas for you all! Have a lovely weekend and stay warm :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thomas is fine, thank you for asking. It all seems to have settled down. The comment about his face really upset me though. Thankfully, he's not mentioned anything about it again. xx

      Delete
    3. Kids can be such brats and couldn't care less about hurting someone's feelings.
      Well, you thought the -17C was bad-today it is -25C and with the wind chill it is -34C. Needless to say i didn't go out but LH did!!

      Delete
    4. Goodness, how do you function in weather like that. You must only be able to be out for a few minutes at a time before frostbite sets in. I wouldn't have gone out either. It's 6.15pm in Manchester and the temperature is around 4C. We're cold and we've got the heating on! xx

      Delete