Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Early Start and 'Keeper' Boxes

Our day started earlier than usual with a little knock on the door at 7.30am. We were taking Thomas' friend to school as his Mum and Dad both had to be in work early. I quite happily opened the door in my PJ's and with my hair stuck up on end. Little friend is 10 and didn't give me a second glance as he dumped his stuff on the settee and headed for the Xbox room and thankfully his Mum certainly wouldn't expect such formalities as me being dressed.

No Bury today as the furniture delivery time was 11.30am-3.30pm; neither morning or afternoon. Never mind, I went into Middleton for an hour instead and had a mooch around. I found these tiny photo frames for 69p each and back home had a look through the photos going back down memory lane, before I chose these. 


I also put a couple of new cushions out and although I didn't know which one it would be, as suspected, within 10 minutes a doggy was snuggled up and fast asleep on them.  
And as I can't throw everything away I've decided the least I can do is store things that are keepers in nice boxes. The 'Love' one is for all our photos and the Stag one is for Tom's things.
I'm hanging fire for just one more day with the 'finished' photo. We're having a new internal door fitted tomorrow which means the curtain can go which we pull across so people can't see in. That was my mistake. When I chose a new front door I chose a glass that you can part see through so anybody standing at the front door could see straight into the lounge. The curtain was a cheap fix-it until the internal door was replaced "in a few weeks". That was about 5 years ago and we're just doing it now!

Sometimes the saying "no time like the present" completely goes over our heads at Number 38. 

xxx







6 comments:

  1. you are such a tease!
    I love those cushions the rascally dog is snoozing on.

    I completely understand your need for a new internal door. On our house the front door is half glass and I hate it with a passion. I have stuck card over it, because if the lights were on inside, anyone at the front door could see all the way through the house. Total nightmare, so I stuck card up and it's still there. A new front door is always on my list!

    You are good to open the door at 7.30, I won't. this face can scare small children at thirty paces with make up on, letting them see me make up free would give them nightmares forever. I'm not even joking.

    xxx

    p.s glad you got a laugh from my post today. Was going to say no dramas today, but wouldn't be true. For the second time in almost as mnay weeks, nearly got myself electrocuted. Sheer luck that I didn't! I need a babysitter, a grown up to stop me from doing stupid things. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lord Sadie, what on earth were you doing. Be careful, least of all because singed fingers are no good for crafting projects!

      The door is done, the room looks better and I don't feel like I'm on show anymore. Love your quick fix card idea haha. Don't know why it bothered me as we used to have a full length lounge window until Amy was about 10 years old. People could see everything. Mustn't have minded as much back then or more likely we preferred to spend our money on other things lol.

      I'm sure you look lovely with or without make-up. I don't wear much make-up, in fact people probably don't think I wear any, but oh my goodness, I look ill when I've got none on at all. If I had to choose one make up item it would be mascara. I look like I have pink piggy eyes with none on.

      Off to The Range now for some frillys. Marks is jingling his keys so best go. xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the 'refresh' is all taking shape very nicely. It's not just at No. 38 that house jobs take a while to complete. The MO here used to be 'not quite finished' but now it seems to be 'didn't even get started'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can totally relate to that. Jobs used to be easy to start but hard to finish, these days quite often they're too hard to even start so we don't bother! I've not got much left to do now, it's all gone much better than expected. Mind you the shed is bursting at the seams. But that's a spring job, so I'm not thinking about it for now. xx

      Delete
  3. Love the boxes! I never expect anything to be finished ever! I've just learned to live with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there is a point in life where acceptance is just easier. Certainly the case with Mark and diy. xx

      Delete