Monday, 11 January 2016

An Uneventful but Satisfying Day

I cracked on with the Xbox room today which means every cupboard and shelf downstairs has now been cleaned and cleared. The carpet arrives tomorrow and the furniture on Wednesday, so it's perfect timing. 

I seem to be collecting bags and boxes for the tip but we may as well wait until the furniture has been unpacked and do one trip rather than going with one bag at a time.
Upstairs was next, so feeling inspired I went and did my wardrobe and drawers. This is what I've removed. For charity/car boot, 1 clutch bag, 1 shoulder bag, 1 scarf, 1 teddy bear, 8 books. The carrier bag is crammed full of rubbish; scraps of material and wool, paperwork, magazines, etc, that over the Christmas weeks just got dumped in there. 
The birds are enjoying the nuts I've put out for them, it's quite busy in the garden with them flying in and out. And an added bonus is the robin has returned and brought a friend with him, so we have two of them to watch now. I've also identified another jigsaw bird. It's the one next to the robin with a black head and red/orange body and it's a bulfinch.
And that's about it for today. It's been very uneventful but also very satisfying. There's even been time for a crossword, some jigsaw and TV. I even managed to squeeze in a chapter of my book and a piece of turkish delight that Mum bought me as part of my Christmas present.
 Not a bad start to the week I'd say. 

xxx




10 comments:

  1. pretty good start to the week I'd say!

    You are inspiring me. I really need to sort my wardrobe out, and though I had a partial sort out of the airing cupboard last week, it really needs a proper going over. Seeing all that you achieve makes me want to get on with things too!

    :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My airing cupboard is a real mess. As well as bedding and towels we have a tool box, paint, photographs, cuddly toys, cleaning products, cushions, sleeping bags and boxes of things I can't even remember. A lot of it will have to go. The cushions fall out every time I open the door! So annoying. But I'll really have to be in the mood to tackle it. xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's funny how a little bit every day seems to mount up. And a good 30-60 minute clear out makes me feel like I've deserved to do lots of nice things that I enjoy. xx

      Delete
  3. I admire your will to tidy! Also your carpet buying activities! I adore the smell of new carpet, so if I may, I'll pop round when it's done and fling myself nose down on your floor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to knock on and have a lie down. We're very accommodating and will just walk round you. I think manufacturers are missing a trick. As well as floral smells they should do things like new carpet, puppy, polish and petrol (my favourite). xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a really great day to me. You accomplished quite a bit and got to puzzle and read and Turkish Delight too! I would be content if the majority of my days were uneventful but satisfying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd quite like more of them myself! Some days I seem to get nothing done but touch wood, lately I seem to be doing in the house and getting time to do a few things I enjoy. Just 15 minutes doing something I like is a lovely reward after an hour of work. I'm easily pleased :) xx

      Delete
  5. I could really use you in my house. You should hire yourself out as an organiser. I'm tired just reading what you've been up to. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea where this energy is coming from. Hope it's not my last swan song hahaha. It probably all sounds much more energetic than it actually is. There's a lot of standing and figuring out what to do with stuff and sometimes I do it in shifts. But it's getting done and that's the main thing. xx

      Delete