Friday, 25 December 2015

The 25th

Well, I didn't think I'd have time to come on here today, but having no visitors for tea means the afternoon has been pretty relaxed and we've all had time to do what we want.

The first try at getting up by Thomas was at 5.10am. Way too early as none of us went to bed til gone midnight. So he was sent back "just for 10 minutes". At 8am Amy was fed up of waiting for him to come down so went and woke him up.
There were presents galore and this is my little pile. There's a bottle of prosecco from Matthew chilling in the fridge as well.
Mark chose a snowflake for my charm bracelet which I'm very happy with.
And Mum bought me this book, which will definitely be coming to bed with me tonight. I've never heard of it but apparently it's a film as well.
I've not done a breakfast table for a few years, we generally just have a bacon butty on the go, so it was nice to sit down together this morning. And for the first time in a very long time I cooked a proper turkey. Thankfully Mum was around to remove the giblets and the neck as I don't mind admitting I'm a bit squeamish about things like that.


Mum and Matthew left about 2.30pm, Matthew was going to see his Mum and eat another Christmas lunch; not that he'd consider that a hardship!

After a quick tidy up, me and Thomas squished up on the couch together, pulled the blanket over us and watched Dorothy go down the yellow brick road on The Wizard of Oz.
I've just put some turkey and cranberry sandwiches on the table, along with the Christmas cake and mince pies for us to nibble at and I'm sat here waiting for Call The Midwife.

All in all it's been a good day. Hope you've all enjoyed yours.

xxx











































































































8 comments:

  1. nice to see a CD post. I wrote one too. Seems we both had lovely, quiet Christmases.

    Love your snowflake, that's so pretty. And the photo of you & Thomas is lovely. You should print it out.

    We were lucky, Violet didn't wake up until 7.40! Hurrah! First time in years she's stayed in bed until a suitable hour.

    Have seen the ads for that film, looks like it's quite a funny one, the books should be good.

    Happy Boxing Day :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh I'm off to have a read after this. The snowflake is perfect. I don't wear any jewellery but if I'm off out I put the charm bracelet on so it's nice to add a couple of charms to it throughout the year.

      7.40am is a decent time. We've been up at silly o'clock plenty of times on Christmas Day but not when we've gone to bed past midnight!

      I'm going to investigate the film and see if Mum wants to come with me. It's probably not Mark's thing. Right, off to see what you got up to yesterday now. xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day! Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel Jem and a belated Merry Christmas to you too. We had a lovely day, thanks. Hope you and the family all enjoyed yours. xx

      Delete
  3. merry christmas, sounds like a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess and a Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Hope you've all had a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a gorgeous day and what a beautiful photo of you and your boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a selfie with a proper camera! I found it quite hard to do but at least its au naturel. No pouting or V signs or whatever these teenagers do when they've got a phone in their hands lol. I could have stayed under that blanket with Thomas all afternoon. He's really cuddly when he's in the mood. xx

      Delete