Monday, 14 December 2015

Not too much google

For the first time in quite a few days, I've done nothing Christmassy today. 

That's not to say I've been sat on my laurels. I went to Middleton and bought a new shower curtain. Made chili and rice for tea. Read through the Men ACWY vaccination form Amy brought home before signing it, did two loads of washing and some ironing. I also took Sparky to have his fur cut. It wasn't until we got home that I realised he had a long piece still left on his ear. How she missed this I've no idea. It's a good 3 inches longer than the rest of his fur. 
I also had a quick google of Betws y Coed. Not in too much detail though. Sometimes after googling places we're going to visit I already feel like I've been there. We have actually been to Betws y Coed about 10 years ago, but I can't remember that much about it apart from Amy spending most of her time in wellies paddling in the river.

There's a little church I'd like to look at called St Michael's, which at this time of year you can only access by collecting the key from the railway museum opposite. And a cafe selling delicious looking Welsh cakes has caught my eye. Then there are the waterfalls. But rather than organising things to do on this break I'm hoping for a couple of days of R&R, fresh air, walks and swimming (in the hotel, not the river!)

Here are two more cards for you to ponder over, not that you any of you appear to need to put much thought into them. I think you'll find these easy peasy.
The answer to yesterday's were 'the letter M' and 'splitting headache'.

I've got another little brain teaser for you all today as well. This was the joke inside a mini cracker I pulled with Thomas when he got in from school. Can you spot the obvious mistake?

xxx

17 comments:

  1. her horn eh? A teensy little blunder there!

    think I know the answers to your two cards, but am keeping it to myself today. :O)

    That church is adorable.

    I've done lots of Christmas stuff today. Ordered the Moonpig cards complete with photo of Violet on the front. ha ha, she'll hate me when she's older. Went up the ladder of death, had a wobble, swore a bit, but lived to tell the tale.
    Also, my reindeer board thingamummy is done. Really pleased, so will show it tomorrow.

    Talking of tomorrow, I am plotting a leisurely day. Nothing Christmas allowed. We'll see if I can stick to it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made in China do you think? The church does look adorable doesn't it. Hope we can get the key to have a look inside.

    Can't wait to see the reindeer 'thingy'. Glad it's worked out for you and you're pleased with it.

    We're back on Christmas tomorrow visiting some of Mark's relatives and delivering cards. They're Tom's sisters and he used to go and take our cards with him. Obviously, we'll be doing it ourselves this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we lived in Holyhead we used to go to Betws y Coed for breakfast (only 45 miles each way) in a cafe on the station. It still lives in our memories as one of the best breakfasts we have had but it was some 23 yrs ago now. Know you will enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat and welcome to Number 38. I bet you know how to pronounce Betws y Coed :) Goodness it must have been a good breakfast to travel 45 miles each way for it. I'm really looking forward to going. It will be the perfect tonic, a couple of quiet days away just after Christmas. xx

      Delete
  4. After years of pronouncing Betws y Coed .....betsy coyd. I've recently learned the right way to pronounce it from the traffic lady of Radio 2.
    I think I know the answers but I'll be like Sadie and keep quiet although the answer to the 2nd one is the answer I gave to one the other day which was wrong.
    Cow horns/ bull horns. She and he - who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea how to pronounce it either. I say betsy coen but I bet that's definitely not right.

      Your 'answer' had me giggling. It was like one of the riddles I post, but I know what you mean and yes you're right.

      Re: the cow with horns - does it really matter these days? Lol. xx

      Delete
    2. I think it's betus e coed, apologies to all Welsh speakers.
      Now I'll go and answer todays riddles if I can

      Delete
  5. Ummm... bull / HER??? Oops...
    GADawn57

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dawn, welcome to Number 38. Amy said it must be having an identity crisis haha. The crackers came from the £1 shop, 8 in a box, so that might have something to do with it. We got a bigger laugh from this than the actual joke. xx

      Delete
  6. Split personality and a cold, from W. Canada. The little village church looks beautiful. Hope it's not too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Janice from W. Canada :) You were spot on. The church does look lovely doesn't it. I've always loved churches and old buildings so no idea how I missed this last time we were there. Mind you Amy was in full on paddling mode and it was the day after the 'Boxing Day Tsunami' so I think we were glued to the TV a lot as well, not quite believing what we were seeing. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm loving these cards!! I'm vair jealous I haven't booked anything but with Miss 21 off to NZ on the 5th Jan when I'll be back at work, the Christmas holiday just goes too fast! Maybe Feb half term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew Miss 21 was going to NZ but I must have missed the date she was leaving. How long is she going for? We try to do a couple of days somewhere during the school holidays, doesn't always happen though. Even if it's only an overnight stay it's nice to have a break and something to look forward to. xx

      Delete
    2. EIGHT weeks! It would have been much harder had she not been away at uni. As long as she gets there safely and home again. That's all my initial worries are!

      Delete
    3. I bet that seems like an eternity to you but it will probably fly by for Miss 21. Is it a holiday, is she visiting family or is it something to do with her career? Nosey blighter aren't I lol. You're no different than any Mum, mine can't relax when we're going abroad until we've texted her to say we arrived and the same coming home. It's one of the first things I do to put her out of her misery. xx

      Delete
  8. She's visiting friends and travelling and exploring! Before she , and I quote, "starts real life"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds very exciting. Miss 21 sounds like Amy. We mentioned her getting a Saturday job now her NI number has come through and she said "what a real job". Not sure what other job there is but her and Miss 21 must both know something we don't. xx

      Delete