Sunday, 13 December 2015

Lazy Sunday

After spending yesterday inside the idea was to go to the park for a walk and some fresh air today, but by the time we were ready it was raining, so we've not been out again. 

We vaguely discussed going to the garden centre for a look round and a coffee but then Thomas' friend text to see if he could come over, so that was put on hold as well.

Amy has been wrapping her Christmas presents. Twice over in fact as she wasn't happy with her first attempts so ripped all the paper off and started again.
I've started a new book. It's called Inside The O'Briens and is about a man who is diagnosed with Huntington's disease. He has 4 children all in their early 20's and there is a 50/50 chance that each one of them will also have it. The book takes you through their thoughts on whether to be tested or not and what difference it would make to their lives if they knew they had the disease. It's fiction, but it gives a brilliant insight into Huntington's and what decisions people who are pre-disposed to genetic diseases have to make. 

On a lighter note, the answer to the trivia cards yesterday were 'your word' and 'scrambled eggs'. Sadie was spot on and there were other similar answers so everybody was on the right track. Today's are:
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

xxx














8 comments:

  1. Jumping in with my answers: the letter 'M' and splitting headache. (I think I'm enjoying your daily challenge a little too much!)

    Still at the present buying stage here so well done to Amy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Well done. You were first with the right answers today Liz. There's another little something I've thrown in today as well.

      I'm glad all my presents are done. Means I can just sit back and wait for it to happen now. I've not always been so organised though. Sometimes it's been Christmas Eve and I'm still buying bits but I try to be more organised these days from a stress level point of view lol. xx

      Delete
  2. The letter M. Splitting headache.

    Our Sunday was very similar. Violet had a friend round to play, so we didn't do anything other than that.

    Am currently working on my Reindeer Subway Art project, am so pleased with my little old self with the plan I came up with. If I can get it finished, I'll show it tomorrow. Thank you for the inspiration! :O)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another correct answer :)

      Sometimes life is so full on that sitting down and not moving all weekend leaves me feel guilty and as though I've wasted my time. But I'm going to stop thinking like that. I enjoyed having nothing pressing that needed doing and staying inside just chilling out.

      Looking forward to seeing your reindeer project. I love seeing what other people come up with craft wise. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh bother, the others got there before me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quick aren't they :) I'm afraid if somebody else were posting the cards I'd definitely not be taking part. Bet you get the ones I've put on today though. xx

      Delete
  4. That book sounds like a good read. Reminds me of The Memory Book, one I've just read about a young woman with early onset dementia. Fiction like yours, but a brilliant insight into what it must be like and a fantastic storyline too. Once my friend has read it and passed it back I'll let you have it if you like X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I'd have taken you up on the offer but I've read it as well and yes it was really good. If you fancy the Huntington's one I'd be happy to send it to you. Warning though - I had tears rolling down my face reading it in bed last night! xx

      Delete