Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Good News

I wrote a list at the weekend of what I needed to do each day this week. For some reason today was completely blank and to be honest there's not that much on the other days either. I'm beginning to worry. Either I'm very organised or I've forgotten some major stuff. Anyway, today has just been a pretty normal day. 

I bought the jam and covered the cake in marzipan.

Popped into Middleton and bought myself a notebook. It's one of my must have things for 1st January for all my 'plans' for the New Year.
And these arrived in the post today. At the grand old age of 48 I'm going to see my first ballet in the New Year. Mum, my sis-in-law and niece are coming as well. I asked my sister but I was booking the tickets the day Roman had been admitted to hospital and it was too much for her to think about, which was understandable. I couldn't put the booking off though, trying to book 6 seats all together wasn't that easy and if we'd have waited we probably wouldn't have got them. 

There is good news about Roman. His blood test results show the antibiotics he was put on as soon as he was admitted have worked and the infection has cleared up. So, he can come home, possibly tonight, if not tomorrow, but definitely in time for Christmas. It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make. 

And to finish off, a random photo of a candle, simply because I like the way the wax has dripped down.



xxx







8 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the ballet. I've only ever been to one ballet in my life and that was Swan Lake as well. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I have a little list of things I'd like to do in 2016 and the ballet was on it, so Swan Lake in January seemed a good way to kick of the New Year. xx

      Delete
  2. oh I'm so happy that little Roman will be home. Superb news.

    Swan Lake is so gorgeous, you will love it. I always cry. Always. Even if I watch a performance of it on telly I cry. We usually go every year, but we didn't this year, not sure why. Must make sure we see one in 2016.

    Your cake looks scrummy. And I love that waxy candle pic.

    We went to Asda tonight. Total nightmare. Honestly, the shelves are stripped like the apocalypse is coming. But, bought self a bottle of their £10 champs, so am quaffing a glass now. Can't say it's the best I've ever had, but for a tenner I can't grumble. We are having beef for Christmas lunch. So now that's all sorted out I can drink champs, watch crappy telly, and do nothing very much! Hurrah!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying how much you loved the ballet. I'll have my tissues at the ready then. I've done opera, musicals, stage shows so I thought it was time ballet was added to the list. I've had to look up the story actually because I wasn't sure what it was about. What a heathen I am haha.

      The taste of unbranded (?) alcohol doesn't bother me, but a lot of the cheaper stuff brings me out in a rash on my chest, neck and face so I have to be a bit careful. My sister is the same. I know within 2 or 3 sips if I'm going to end up red, blotchy and itchy and it's not a good look.

      We went to Lidl this morning. It was lovely, really quiet and the shelves were as full as they normally are.

      Hope Mark doesn't read your comment about roast beef, he wanted it this year, but the rest of us voted for turkey so he's on his own individual beef wellington instead. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh that's fantastic news about the baby. That's the thing with kids, down one min up the next. The amount of times my two made miraculous recoveries in the bloody Drs waiting room when I would feebly say how they'd been at deaths door that morning and had needed this emergency appointment!
    I've done all my shopping save a walk to the co op on Xmas Wce for a fresh loaf of bread. I'm still pontificating regarding the wrapping! Hardly done any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, a big thank you for the parcel and card. The GB men are so cute and will be making a blog appearance later on today.

      Tell me about miraculous recoveries. I've insisted on emergency appointments before now as well and when we've finally got in he Dr has said to me, "mmmm, well they seem OK now", making me feel a right idiot. I stopped giving them calpol if they were going to the Docs because it was a miracle cure but only for a couple of hours and I wanted him to see how ill they really were lol.

      Food shopping done here as well this morning. Very enjoyable actually. Get wrapping girl! xx

      Delete
  4. That is wonderful news about Roman. It must be such a relief. I've never been to the ballet either, I do hope you enjoy it. It sounds like you have been super organised for Christmas. Now is the time for you to sit back and enjoy it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. He's home, so that's that little drama over with. How are things doing at your end. I see people have been flooded again, hope you've not been affected. Terrible situation to be in at Christmas especially with children.

      I'm really looking forward to the ballet. I have a little list of things I want to do next year and a ballet was on it, so it'll be a good start to 2016. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, hubby to be and little Bear. xx

      Delete