Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Christmas Do

Just a quick post today as I'm going on my 'Christmas Do' soon. Really it's just a get together with a couple of friends down at the local for a meal and a drink, something we do throughout the year, but when it's in December it becomes our 'Do'. 

Occasionally one of us will turn up with a small gift for the others, there's no reason for this, it's a completely random thing as and when we feel like it. We don't even swap birthday or Christmas gifts. 

Anyway I was in Thorntons today treating myself to a bag of Champagne truffles, (out of stock sadly, so I settled for these instead; one to go with my Baileys each night), and I picked up a packet each for them as well. 
As I said to Angel Jem, if you can't be naughty in December, when can you be. And I find encouraging somebody else to be just as naughty as you always helps with the guilt. 

xxx







10 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought. Enjoy your 'do' and be as naughty as you like. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'do' was most enjoyable thank you. No idea how 5 hours can pass so quickly! Mind you after 2 bottles of wine, baileys and tia maria's it's no wonder we lost track of time. xx

      Delete
  2. There is one problem with Thorntons chocs and that is that there is never enough chocs in a bag!!
    Enjoy your meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true. I'm sure they could squeeze a few more in if they tried. Amy ate 2 last night as well so I'm running low already! Might have to do another Thorntons run next week. xx

      Delete
  3. that's a sweet gift. Ha! Did you see what I did there ;o) Have fun at your do! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, very good. You and Smee would have made good partners at the Peter Pan Panto this morning with your play on words - some of his were quite risque though and what's more I think the kids understood him! Had a great time at the do. Must think it through better next year though, could have done with a lie in this morning xx

      Delete
  4. LOL very keen observation about assuaging guilt by encouraging others to be naughty too.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes indeed. If I'm going down I'm definitely taking others with me. No fun at all being naughty on your own especially when chocolate and alcohol play a part. xx

      Delete
  5. I try to be a little naughty all the year through, just so that it's not too shocking when I'm really naughty in December!
    These look lovely; now, go and enjoy your 'do'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. So lovely that I'm going to have to be very strict with my ration of one every night or buy another bag so I can double up!

      I thoroughly enjoyed my 'do'. Good food, lots to drink, good company and lots of laughs. There might only have been 3 of us but we sure know how to enjoy ourselves. xx

      Delete