Friday, 11 December 2015

Christmas Decs

Well Done to Pam, Rachel and Sadie who got the answer to the catchphrase. I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you what it was, but just in case Mark reads this the answer is WHAT goes up, MUST come down. 

You're all far too clever so I'm upping the ante and there are two to work out today. Calm down Rachel! Here goes. I'm really dying to say "answers on a postcard please" but a comment will be fine :)
Today has been all about Christmas decorations. Looking at what I've done I've no idea why it took me all morning but it did. Mind you, the tree is one of those slot in ones which is easy enough, but you then have to arrange each branch if you know what I mean and that takes ages.

I had a quick sort through the decs but I must have had a clear out last year because there wasn't much that got put back in the shed. Everything I wanted I put in the box for Amy and Thomas to use. There's no colour theme as such, but it's mostly reds, whites and purples with a few ornaments from over the years thrown in for good luck.
On my side table I have reindeer and a candle with a perfect space left for a glass of Baileys. How clever is that of me!
The 3 Wise Men have pride of place on the mantelpiece. They tend to 'wander' around the room and end up in a variety of places each year but this time they are the main men.
Mark went into Middleton and I asked him to surprise me with some lights for a little tree we've got outside. He excelled himself and came back with these lovely little snowflakes.
And I've even done the stairs this year. All these lights are from the £1 shop and are battery operated. They're really good and I'm going to buy one last set to go around the reindeer sign.
Amy and Thomas decorated the tree after tea. As usual there was a lot of messing about. Thomas' face cracks me up in this photo. And Amy reminds me of Where's Wally.
After literally throwing a couple of baubles at the tree from the  middle of the room to see if they would land on a branch, Thomas settled down to the job.
And he won the 'race for the star' which meant he got to put it on top of the tree. 
And here it is in all it's glory. The camera is rubbish and the lighting doesn't help so I might take another photo tomorrow but you get the gist. There's a bit of tweaking to be done but apart from that it's fine.
And so here we are again. Another Christmas just round the corner and I'm looking forward to it very much.

xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi just been having a read through your posts. I particularly like your little cross stitch. I think next year I am going to stick with little projects. I have been stitching a large piece and it is taking forever to complete. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, welcome to number 38. I did a big cross stitch years ago but these days with all the interruptions of family life something that's more simple and quickly gratifying fits the ticket nicely. I've just had a look at your blog. Your cross stitches are beautiful, I especially like the geisha girl, the colours are lovely. The view from you home is fantastic. People do live in some beautiful places. Have a lovely weekend. xx

      Delete
  2. horse back riding, too little too late.

    Love your festive decs. But most of all, I love Thomas & Amy larking around! Now THAT'S Christmas!

    My brother has an autoimmune disease. He's getting over it slowly, but having to do things like walk with a zimmer frame, and his speech is impaired. He's 43, so it's a shock for everyone and very upsetting. Apart from my idiot older brother, who doesn't seem to care about any of us. Urgh. families.

    Went into town today trying to track down your reindeer list thing, but apparently we don't have QS here. I thought we did, but ended up in poundland or somewhere, either way, it didn't have it. So. have a little plot to make my own version :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadie, I'm so sorry to hear of your brother's illness X at least his sister cares xx

      Delete
    2. thank you Rachel. My older brother is such a moron, but I'm sure he'll regret his stupidity one day. In the meantime, it's more important to be there for my little brother. Little. He's 6 ft something & towers over me! :O) x

      Delete
    3. Oh Rachel, that sounds a terrible thing to be going through. Not just for your brother but for the whole family. It must be awful to see someone close to you affected like that. Will it be a slow but full recovery or could he be left with some problems? My brother's hearing wasn't quite the same after meningitis. I 100% agree with Rachel. He has a lovely big sister who cares. Families can be funny things can't they. And yes, I'm sure in years to come your brother will regret his attitude.

      Shame about the reindeer list. At £2.99 it was a bargain, but I'm sure you'll come up with something equally as lovely if not better. xx

      Delete
    4. No idea why I've put Rachels name. Sorry! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh b***** Sadie has beaten me to the answer.
    I'll let her off........this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bugger the pair of you did!!

      Delete
    2. Friendly rivalry. I like it haha. You're all obviously very much on the ball. More so than us lot at Number 38. xx

      Delete
  4. Hehe I got them in no time! I love the story of the tree going up!! Loved the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting a riddle to go with the catchphrase later on today. It's my mission to have you all scratching your heads at least once before Christmas haha.

      It's always a bit of a mad affair putting the tree up but that's the way I like it. Mind you the glass of Baileys in my hand takes the edge off all the madness going on around me. xx

      Delete
    2. I succumbed and bought the chocolate deluxe baileys!!

      Delete
    3. Is it nice or have you been good and not taken the top off yet?

      My baileys has nearly gone! I've only had one a night but I did start mid-November. I've nearly eaten the dates as well but I'm not bothered as I've still got the Turkish Delight to start on. I love Christmas! :) xx

      Delete