Wednesday, 23 December 2015

A surprise parcel

A parcel came for me today. Parcels are always exciting even when you're expecting them, but when you're not expecting anything they're even better. And look what I got! Two of the cutest gingerbread men, sent from Rachel over at Eternally 28, that her school children made for the Christmas Fair. They are now hung on the tree and will be packed away after Christmas so they can make another appearance next year.
She also sent me a lovely card which opens into a Christmas tree. I'm definitely getting some of these to send next year. Thank you Rachel. You  made my day :)
We did our shopping at Lidl today. It was busy, busy, busy. There were at least 20 people in, instead of the usual half dozen haha. The shelves were full, the atmosphere was quiet and calm, (if you're desperate for a bit of peace Lidl is the place to go), there were no queues, the staff were happy and chatty as usual, and to top it all my favourite cashier had a £10 off voucher waiting for me! I love Lidl.

There was a bit of a wrapping frenzy this afternoon when Mark remembered he'd not wrapped any of my presents yet. Job done, he then wandered off and left them on the table knowing it would drive me mad not being able to open them. Just noticed the mini tube of toothpaste, hope he's just dumped that there and it's not one of my presents! 
And I went all Martha Stewart on my dining chairs. I've never done this before but I think they look pretty nice. It's the sort of 10 minute job that turned into an hour of faffing around. You know how it goes ..... bauble or star? bauble, no star, no bauble, no star.... anybody seen the curly ribbon...... who's got the scissors...... where's the stapler....... Anyway, now they're done I can just lift them off and pop them back on Christmas Day. 
And Amy has had a manicure today as part of her stocking filler. No point doing it after Christmas as we're away and she's not allowed to wear nail polish at school, so I said she could have them done for Christmas Day. She chose rose gold and glitter. 

It's Christmas Eve tomorrow. I'm getting all excited now.

xxx



12 comments:

  1. How kind of Rachel to send you those ever so cute gingerbread men, arms intact thank goodness! I love Amy's nails. Such a beautiful colour. And what a lovely touch to decorate your chairs like that. It's getting very festive over at your place. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely surprise and they are really cute aren't they. Especially love the holly and berries that have been added.

      I half expected Amy to come home with red or green Christmas in your face nails, but she's like me, quite understated on the fashion front and prefers more neutral colours. She might even get away with them at school but don't know if she's brave enough to try. She's not really a rule breaker haha.

      I'm afraid the chairs weren't a flash of creative inspiration on my part. I found them while googling something else, but they were easy to do and add a bit of sparkle to the table. Is Little Bear getting excited about Father Christmas coming? xx

      Delete
  2. ooh, Amy's nails, I want!

    Ha, Bill would never leave pressies out like that for me, I'd just open them and laugh!

    Love your goodies from Rachel, those Gingerbread men are fantastic. As are your chair decs. That's something I've never done before, so you've got me thinking now!

    Happy Christmas Eve Eve! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice aren't they. She has loads of brightly coloured nail polish but tends to wear neutral colours which is why she chose this.

      You are a very naughty girl opening presents before you should! Oh go on then, I admit it, I've actually begged Mark in years gone by to let me open 'just one' on Christmas Eve. I love instant surprises but am terrible at waiting for things that I know are coming.

      I stumbled across the idea for the chairs on the internet. People have done some lovely ones. I bet you'd come up with something fab with your window dressing genes.

      Only 2 more sleeps to go! xx

      Delete
  3. Aww I'm so glad they got there in one piece! I am very impressed by your chair dressing! I maybe pinching that fir next year! Beautiful nails. And a Thomas Sabo bag - how fab! Toothpaste though - is he trying to tell you something?? It is travel sized - maybe a night away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them and the card is beautiful, thank you. Can't lay claim to the chair dressing idea I'm afraid but if you have all your stuff with you before you start (unlike me), it's really easy to do and adds a bit of sparkle.

      I know I'm getting a charm for my bracelet but not sure which one. I sincerely hope he's not trying to tell me something lol. And no, Mark struggles to do normal presents let alone cryptic ones for it to be anything like a night away. xx

      Delete
  4. Love the card Rachel sent you, haven't seen ny like that here. I love your chair decorations and you have the perfect chairs with the solid back and the colour. I love Amy's nails, very pretty. What is Thomas Sabo. Really must get going and get that shopping done it's already 2:30 Have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas Sabo is an Austrian born jewellery designer (had to look that up), and is known for his jewellery, in particular his Charm Club collection. A couple of years ago I really wanted a charm bracelet and came across his collection which I liked and have added to since then.

    I don't do 'names' though whether it's clothes, handbags, shoes, perfume etc. If I like it I buy it. It can be well known or not. If I hadn't wanted a bracelet I wouldn't know who he was either. What can I say? I am what I am. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have something similar. Mine is a Pandora bracelet and necklace which I manage to add to every year in the sales. I think it's Danish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Pandora is very popular over here as well. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary supper with your friends. xx

      Delete
    2. The meal was very disappointing. It took an hour and a half to get our food which was very bland and pretty tasteless so we wont be going back there. Oh well, the company was great and we had a great visit with our friends before and after the meal at our house. My friend is usually in bed by 9p.m. and they didn't even leave our house until 11:30 so a good time was had by all!! I did a post on my blog if you want to take a peek.

      Delete
    3. Forgot to add it's been snowing all night and still is so I guess we will have a white Christmas, -14degreesC.

      Delete