Wednesday, 18 November 2015

No Reason Not To - so far

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime was brilliant and if anybody is wondering should they/shouldn't they, then you definitely should. I love going to the theatre, it's just so expensive that it has to be a once in a while treat which I suppose makes it more special. But if I had my way and the funds I'd go every week to see something. 

I treated myself to a new jigsaw today. Thought this might get me in the festive mood. It's actually 2 x 1,000 piece puzzles. The first puzzle is the picture on the box. The second puzzle, by design, has no picture to follow, it's just a case of piecing it together and seeing what it is.

I've managed to find two Christmassy chocolate advent calendars for Amy and Thomas, but I'm still struggling with a traditional Nativity one. I even tried Waterstones and Oxfam but they didn't have any so I'm going to order one on line.
 
And I've started making a 'Sadie Star' to hang over my Nativity scene. I thought Away in  Manager was pretty apt. I can't find a wooden star the size I want so I'm just doing it on a piece of white card but I'm going to try and make it stand out somehow. I think hung up against the wall it will work just fine. 

We've been to Mums tonight for our weekly visit. No matter how hard Mark has tried to think of something we need to do tomorrow evening, we're actually free which means we can go to our first dancing lesson. I'm not that cruel that I'd make him go again if he hated it, but I want him to at least give it a go. 

Brace yourself for photos of bruised and battered toes on Friday. 

xxx


10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how the dancing lesson goes. I hope you have fun. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a feeling Mark will probably be better than me. I'm not very co-ordinated when it comes to things like that. xx

      Delete
  2. I have a pattern somewhere to make a 3D Christmas card because I've made them with the children at work out of card. I'll look for it although I can't for the life of it think right now where I originally got it from although fear not, a quick Google search and there's loads at your fingertips X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to do the Music sheet thing that Sadie did, I really loved that idea, but I'm going to have a look to see if I can make a star that somehows stands out. xx

      Delete
  3. I've saved enough 'coins' on my jigsaw app to buy the Christmas Pack and I can't wait! I've also got a gorgeous Victorian themed REAL jigsaw that I can't wait to do! As for advent - I've got a little pot Father Christmas that falls down a chimney each day as you take a pot stick out! Had it years from Avon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to post pics of your progress with the jigsaw. The Father Christmas advent sounds really cute. I'd love to see that as well. Do you remember when Avon used to do aftershave in cannon shaped bottles and perfume in lady bottles and at Christmas you'd get things in bells and stockings and Christmas trees. Wish they'd do it again. xx

      Delete
  4. agreed, the theatre is lovely. We go to see the ballet when it comes here, but didn't go this year. Must make sure we don't miss out in 2016.

    Hope the dancing went well! :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to a ballet but would love to go. I think it's one of those things I should just book myself in to see as Amy doesn't really seem that interested and I know for a fact Mark and Thomas wouldn't want to go. We are on countdown to dancing. Mark has exactly one hour and 20 minutes to think of a reason not to go haha. xx

      Delete
  5. i work in Tescos and in our branch we sell fair trade nariviry advent calenders

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angela and welcome to Number 38. Thanks, I'll have a look in Tesco. It's the traditional calendar I'm after, with a verse or part of the nativity story behind each window, not one filled with chocolates. I'm amazed how nobody seems to sell them. Might start a campaign haha. xx

    ReplyDelete