Saturday, 21 November 2015

Hot Chocolate Weather

It snowed at Number 38 last night. Not a lot but enough for a thin covering to stick to the roofs and trees. Today the sky is blue, the sun is shining but it's blooming freezing. Definitely the weather for a hot chocolate and cinnamon with all the trimmings.
The Christmas Cake got its first dose of whisky. This is a Thomas job. He loves stabbing the holes and injecting the good stuff. Can't believe it's a year since we were last doing this. It's that cold that even Thomas is wearing his dressing gown.
The jigsaw is on the table and I keep mooching over for 10 minutes to fit a piece or two here and there. It's a very colourful and busy puzzle which makes it hard in its own way, but enjoyable all the same.
I've started my Christmas lists. I've done the food, the cards and what I need for decorating the house. The present list remains blank. To be honest it's only Amy and Thomas that are giving me trouble. Nephews and nieces are given money and maybe a small gift to unwrap, Joan will get some new slippers and a box of biscuits or something along those lines, Aunty Edith something similar, Ken a bottle of whisky and Mum had hers a couple of months ago. And that's all we buy for really. I don't even do nephews and nieces when they've turned 18. I'm not sure how Christmas will feel this year with no Tom or Joan sat at the table. Very strange for everybody I expect. 

I'm finishing my day off with a Baileys on ice and a film. Then I'll be snuggling under the covers with the book I started last night. The storyline is rubbish (man/woman/hate/love) but it's worth the read for all the baking that goes on in the cafe. 
In fact the description of pies, cakes and gingerbread made my mouth water that much that I got out of bed and came downstairs for a couple of choc chip cookies myself last night. 

xxx



















6 comments:

  1. It is cold. We haven't had any snow, but when Bill returned home from visiting his mother it started to snow. Violet was thrilled, ran outside in her jim jams, coat and boots shouting 'it's snowing, it's snowing' at the top of her voice, only for it to stop minutes later. Ah well. Never know. It might fall overnight.

    cake looks so good. a booze soaked cake sounds just perfect right now. Bailey's sounds good right now. Anything to keep the cold out, actually.

    :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless her. Me and Thomas always go out on the front if it snows and have a snowball fight. Great fun. I've got my fingers crossed for snow, but it's unlikely. We never seem to get much where we live. Yes, anything alcoholic is good right now, all in the name of keeping warm of course :) xx

      Delete
  2. It was 3C yesterday. No frost or ice or snow, but cold enough to have the fire lit for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just as cold here today. I wish it would snow. Somehow Manchester never really seems to get much. Just rain, rain and more rain. I've not put our fire on, but I must remember to check if Mark has shoved a tea towel up it to keep the draught out. He did this one year, forgot about it, lit the fire and ....well you can imagine the panic! xx

      Delete
  3. After seeing your jigsaw I'm itching to get my December puzzle out of it's box, but must wait or I shall never get any work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like having a jigsaw on the go and being able to wander over to it, but yes, a quick 10 minutes can turn into sitting there for an hour quite easily. I've pointed out 3 jigsaws that I like to Mark and asked him to get Amy and Thomas to choose one of them for my Christmas present. xx

      Delete