Saturday, 28 November 2015

Easy Saturday

Amy slept out last night and was supposed to be home at 10.30am for our shopping day. She rolled in at 1pm (she had text me), looking shattered and asked would I mind if we went shopping tomorrow instead. That's the thing with teenagers. Their sleeping habits mean you learn to become flexible very quickly.

So, this afternoon I took it easy and indulged myself. 

I watched It's a Wonderful Life. James Stewart always reminds me of my Dad. He couldn't stand watching him with his stuttering ways. I love this film though, it's a classic, and the cake was an added bonus although I should really have made my own scones.

I did a bit of jigsaw which is coming on nicely although the pieces did start to slightly lose their definition after an early evening glass of wine. The spatula is to pick up sections I've made to add to the main picture.
And I sewed another cushion cover.
I also officially managed to get rid of these! More time has been spent on finding keys, cutting keys, labelling keys and trying to get into Number 14 with the wrong keys, than I care to think about over the past few weeks.
So even though the day didn't go to plan, my Saturday ended up being very enjoyable anyway.

And I still have shopping to look forward to tomorrow. 

xxx

















10 comments:

  1. sounds like such a lovely day! I saw IAWL was on, meant to watch it, totally forgot. Typical. I blame Violet, she has been very demanding today. so has Dudley for that matter (the cat). I've had barely a moment of peace all day!

    Thank you for your kind comment. :O)

    your cushions look lovely. If I hadn't messed up my sewing machine(s), I'd be tempted to run something up myself.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are like that aren't they. Everybody wants a piece of you and there's no let up in their demands. Hope today has been more peaceful for you. xx

      Delete
  2. It's ages since I did a jigsaw, I remember loving doing them - but life gets in the way! Some times the unexpected days are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawthorn Spellweaver and welcome to Number 38. I used to do loads of jigsaw when I was younger but only recently started doing them again but I'm hooked. Yep, life is a pesky nuisance at times. It gets in the way of quite a few things here at Number 38. xx

      Delete
  3. I love your spatula idea. You really are a jigsaw professional! Hurrah for relaxing days. I have one on my wish list. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe I should patent a jigsaw picker-upper. I really enjoyed my lazy day, no such thing today though, shopping all the way! Hope your wish comes true very soon. xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous cushions and the jigsaws are looking good :-)
    I am making scones today...but bacon and cheese ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's the sort of scone Mark would definitely like. He's more savoury than sweet and they sound delicious. Post a pic so I can make him drool before they all get gobbled up. xx

      Delete
  5. I got a jigsaw last week just because I've been watching you and wanted to have a go! (and it was half price in WH Smiths; I couldn't face not having the last piece if I went Charity Shop first time, so WHS bargain seemed a better bet!)
    A good Saturday; did the shopping go well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel Jem. I know what you mean about buying them from charity shops. Too much time goes into them for a piece to be missing. They don't come cheap though so great that you found a half price one.

      Saturday was lovely and the shopping went very well today. Amy got her boots which was the main reason we went and we also picked up quite a few bits and pieces for Christmas. As they say, every little helps. xx

      Delete