Friday, 2 October 2015

Oops - very nearly a birthday mistake

Today was non-uniform day for Thomas. His 'fine' was to take in chocolate for the Christmas Fair. I can't believe we're coming up to that time of year again.

I bought maltesers for him to take and while I was in Middleton I picked up the paint for the shed and a new book for me. I've not been to Bury for a couple of weeks and I'm having withdrawal symptoms from The Works.
It's also my s-i-l birthday today. We were going to go to Slattery's for afternoon tea but Mum is still in Cirencester so we're doing it another weekend instead. I've bought her perfume and flowers, well actually, when I got home I realised I'd made a bit of a mistake and bought Cerruti aftershave. Thankfully I realised what I'd done and was able to exchange it. 
I've also subscribed to Prima magazine. I used to be an avid magazine reader but much prefer books these days. Anyway, I picked this up when I was on holiday in Devon, really enjoyed it and decided I'd quite like it plopping through the letterbox every month. I feel a long soak in the bath coming on this evening, which could actually materialise as Amy is sleeping out and won't be here hogging the bathroom.
We have another project going on at Number 38 only this time it's for school and it's dragons! Thomas has decided to make a dragon's nest so we pilfered some of Amy's nail polish which has a gritty finish to it and have been painting the eggs tonight. Just need to find a little dragon now so that it can 'hatch'. 

xxx



6 comments:

  1. Like you, I used to read just about every glossy magazine going (and often dropped them in the bath water!) but they did get a bit samey. Still a sucker for the Christmas editions, though. Love how you've colour matched the birthday gifts (ahem, close shave with the perfume purchase!) which, I'm sure, will be very well received by the birthday girl. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, same old stories and lots of advertisements started to make magazines a bit boring. I'm not keen on craft magazines either as much as I like fiddling around.

    Haha, I like the close shave pun, wish I'd have though of that for my title. If I hadn't noticed I'd bought the wrong thing the present wouldn't have been so colour co-ordinated. I've no idea what s-i-l have read into me giving her aftershave! Thankfully, my schoolgirl friend came into play and I recognised homme should in fact be femme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because everybody has to make dragons eggs at some point in their life. Love it.

    I have two magazine subscriptions that come, Country Homes and Red. I love when they come, I try and sidle out to Starbucks and have an hour to myself. Doesn't always happen, but I try (I don't do baths and Mr works from home, so solitude at home never happens!) Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice having things to look forward to isn't it, even when it's something as simple as a magazine arriving. Coincidentally Red was the last magazine I had on subscription, quite a few years ago though. I'm very rarely in the house on my own for any great length of time but I love it when I am. Sidling out to Starbucks sounds the perfect answer. Mmm the dragon project, what can I say, apart from it's only 2 years until secondary school :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope there are no repercussions for the use of the nail varnish! Did you ask???!!! He does seem to have a lot of fun projects X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess, we didn't ask about the nail polish. Amy wasn't in, but it's one I bought her last Christmas and she didn't like the feel of it and has never used it. It's a very strange finish, thick and gritty - perfect for dragon eggs. Yes, there's always something or other he's having to do for school. xx

      Delete