Sunday, 18 October 2015

Haves and Have Nots

I've gone all Biblical today and taken Sunday as a day of rest literally.

Which means I have 

* stayed in my PJ's all day. 

* just about managed to drag myself into the kitchen to rustle up a Full English for everybody

* done a little bit of the jigsaw - 8 pieces in an hour to be precise (soul destroying)

watched a film called Kajaki which is based on a true story about the British Army's 3rd Battalion in Afghanistan. It's one of the most distressing films I've seen in a long time and it had me shouting out "No, no, no, not again". I don't often recommend a film, but it really is one to watch.

* finished my book, Ove.


And I haven't: 

* Wandered up the street to Number 14.

* Cooked Sunday lunch

* Done any housework

* Moved off the couch very much apart from to let the dogs out, brew up and go to the loo

* Felt guilty about doing sweet fanny adams all day

Whether your Sunday has been busy or not, I hope you've all had a good one. 

xxx


12 comments:

  1. No, no, no, don't feel even one little bit guilty. When you need a 'jamas day, you take a 'jamas day. It's the law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the rule should be if a PJ day is beckoning, don't try to fight it, just give in. My problem is I could easily have a PJ day several times a week. One of the positives of the HA was I lost a lot of 'guilt' about things. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm just glad you had a relaxing day for once and am slightly envious of the Full English. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely waking up and not having anything to do for a change, so after a shower the sensible thing seemed to be PJ's rather than getting dressed for nothing. The Full English was delicious. We don't have them very often but we're all getting a bit fed up with Sunday lunch (mainly because the days fly by and we don't seem to have finished one before we're eating another). Might do a few breakfast variations over the next couple of weeks for a change. xx

      Delete
  3. My HG had a pj day yesterday- he only had to get dressed at 7pm to go pick Miss 21 up from work. He moaned to the moon n back but she'd asked and she is def a Daddy's girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww what a kind Daddy! These men are just big soft teddies where daughters are concerned. Your HG sounds like Mark, doesn't really mind doing things but doesn't half enjoy a good moan about it. I'm afraid I would (and regularly have) stuck a coat on and gone to collect Amy in my PJ's. These days it wouldn't even bother me if I had to get out of the car for anything. Getting older has certainly seen me become more laid back haha. xx

      Delete
    2. I told him to go in his pjs. He said " but what if I get stopped by the police?" Lol MEN!

      Delete
    3. I used to think the same, but after seeing 2 girls sat in their PJ's in a chippy in town happily munching away, I decided PJ's under cover of a car at night are acceptable - even if the police do pull me over. xx

      Delete
  4. A good use of a sabbath day; proper resting is so wonderful when you get the chance to do it right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often there's absolutely nothing I have to do, even if it's just nipping out to the shops to get something, so yes, I really did enjoy having nothing on the agenda yesterday. It's not so much the physical side, although I was more than ready for a marathon sit down, it was just so nice not to have anything on a mental 'to do' list for once. xx

      Delete
  5. sounds like a lovely day, and I don't blame you one bit. We were out and about, visiting a garden centre and having lunch out. Lovely :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect although if PJ's were allowed I'd have quite happily done a garden centre and lunch myself. But there was no way I was getting dressed yesterday, so the couch and lounge it was haha. xx

      Delete