Monday, 5 October 2015

Half Term Plans

Rain stopped play today so the decking remains half done. I hate unfinished jobs but think I might have to accept this will be on hold for a few days as the forecast for this week isn't brilliant.
We're going to York for 3 days during half term and at the suggestion of Liz over at lovethosecupcakes, I've booked a visit to Jorvik. This will be right up Thomas' street as he's doing Vikings and dragons at school this term. Plus Amy will be happy as it's in Coppergate Shopping Centre so she'll get to splash some cash. 


We're also going to have a look around York Cold War Bunker. It's an English Heritage site so unfortunately my NT membership won't be of any use. Never mind, I'm prepared to pay to see where all the important people will go whilst us minions are left behind.
I crossed 3 things off the list today, the letting agent, the plasterer and Thomas' haircut. I also ordered the carpet for downstairs. Tomorrow I need to order some more gravel and try and win the dragon on Ebay!

There's nothing on TV tonight that I want to watch so I'm off now to read my favourite blogs and see what everyone else has been up to. 

xxx










4 comments:

  1. The decking is tres posh!! York Is a gorgeous place to visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you madam! Really looking forward to our little break and a bit of sightseeing. Never been before so need to do a bit of research before we go although I'm not wanting to cram too much in, just a change of scenery will be nice. xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the dragon!!! And Jorvik is brilliant. I also like the sister museum, Dig, mostly because it is so hands on and right next to my favourite street in York, Whip-ma-whop-ma-gate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've set my phone alarm to remind me to bid! Honestly, the things we mums do. I've looked in every shop in Middleton but there is a distinct lack of dragons. Lots of dinosaurs though. Another thumbs up for Jorvik then, I'm getting excited now. Is that really a street name? Off to look it up. xx

      Delete