Friday, 11 September 2015

Sorting Tom's House

The weather has been lovely again today. Such a shame that September is always a nice month and the children are back at school.

I've spent some time on the jigsaw and have sorted out 4 piles of purple patterns. 
I've also been up to Tom's and made a start on emptying the drawers and wardrobes. Somebody has to do it and Mark doesn't seem to want to. We're ordering a skip next weekend and our nephew is coming round to lift the furniture downstairs for us. It's a fair deal I think, his strong muscles in return for some hard cash.

Anyway, I opened a carrier bag to see what was in it and as it looked just like notebooks and pens I stuck my hand in to get them out only to grab hold of Tom's false teeth! I nearly pooped my pants I can tell you. It was a very weird feeling having my mits around a pair of somebody's false gnashers.

I was planning on going to the cinema this evening with Amy to see Me and Earl and the Dying Girl but even though it's only been on for just over a week the only showing was at 12 noon so I'm sat here feeling very disappointed.

I'm now trying to decide whether to have a glass of rose or a hot chocolate with marshmallows on as my Friday night treat. Decisions, decisions.

And that's been about it for today. Apart from the trauma of the teeth it's just been an average day at Number 38. 

xxx








8 comments:

  1. My heart says wine, my cold feet say hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't drink either. While trying to decided I ate about 20 of the marshmallows on their own, so tried to save a few calories by not doing the drinky thing. xx

      Delete
  2. Both. Drink the wine first, then take the hot chocolate to bed with a good book to read or listen to. Life is too short to make decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you have the right idea Angel Jem and usually I would do that, but I've got to get on those blasted scales on Monday. The upshot was I didn't drink anything but I ate more than my fair share of marshmallows. xx

      Delete
  3. I used to love jigsaws and yet I haven't been near one for years. Where do you keep yours whilst you're working on it?

    Oh, I think clearing someone's home is one of the hardest tasks. I remember sorting my parents' stuff and coming across a collection of every postcard I'd ever sent them.

    Whatever you decided as your Friday treat, I hope it hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. I keep it on my cutting mat which isn't big enough for 1000 pieces so I also have a piece of cardboard that I work part of it on. I push it under the settee out of the way when I need the table.

      It's amazing what Tom and Joan have kept from cards, to invites to Amy's school nativity tickets! I can understand some mementos but like your parents it seems to be every single thing.

      I couldn't decide which drink to have but managed to stuff half a packet of marshmallows in me while trying! xx

      Delete
  4. oh now that is funny. were they attached to your fingers? have visions of you getting bitten by the gnashers! oh blimey, that has made my day. And at least it made what must have been an emotional task a little bit happier.

    wine.
    hot choc.
    no, wine.
    hot choc.
    Oh good grief, just have them both! I hope you did :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were his top ones I grabbed and a very weird sensation it was as well. I never understood why he had them, he probably only wore them twice, the rest of the time they would be sat on the table looking at us whenever we went up there.

      Haha, I didn't have either but a good amount of marshmallows accidentally fell into my mouth while I was trying to decide.

      No deliberating tonight. It's chinese and a glass of rose :) xx

      Delete