Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Mirrors Mirrors on the Wall

The first job this morning was to clean all the mirrors in the house. Usually they get done when I'm cleaning the room they're in, but today I went round and did them all in one go. The point of this useless piece of information is that I've discovered we have 15 mirrors at Number 38! 

Some of them are purely for decoration and to add a bit of light to parts of the house, like this set of 3 on the landing and the 5 at the top of the stairs. But 15 is still rather a lot isn't it. Personally, if I look in one of them for 5 minutes morning and evening it's as much, although Amy certainly gets her use out of most of them. Anyway, does anybody else care to share how many mirrors are in their home?
It has also been a paperwork day today. Copies of birth, marriage and death certificates have been posted to the world and his wife. When we went to register Tom's death the registrar was surprised to see this original birth certificate. I don't think many people still have them but Tom had kept his and Joan's in his 'box'.
The film last night was good. It was a teenage film but I enjoyed it. It was an easy going story and spending some time with Amy was lovely. 

Tonight I'm off out with my two friends. It was their first day back at school today although they don't officially start work until Thursday. 

It seems to be one of those years where all the local schools are going back at different times. Are any of you/yours going back this week?

xxx








10 comments:

  1. David had to sign up for year 13 this morning, James goes into year 11 tomorrow and Sarah starts year 9 next Thursday since the school has had a re-build! Me, I have inset on Thursday and Friday before starting on Monday. I can't even run through the list of local schools dates! Everyone seems different this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, I'd have lost the plot trying to get everybody where they should be on the right day. Sometimes all the schools are in sync other times they are all over the place and that's definitely the case this year around here. xx

      Delete
  2. hmpf. Just wrote a long comment but my clattery hands went & lost it. Am so annoyed with self I am off to sulk, will be back later to try and recreate! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so annoying isn't it. Don't sulk too long, I'll be waiting for you :) xx

      Delete
  3. We have mirrored wardrobes! Ooooeer missus! I hate cleaning them! So that's 8 in my room and I'm an expert in avoiding looking in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. There were mirrored wardrobes in the caravan we just stayed at and I must admit I used to look the other way when I was getting dressed. Bet you could easily beat my 15 if you have 8 in one room :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. trying again. Had my sulk and I'm back.
    12. there are 12 mirrors in this house, and like you, a lot of them are for light/decoration. I usually walk past them quick so I don't have to look in them.

    School starts tomorrow, so I've been flitting around the house like a lunatic making sure everything is ready. Good thing I checked her school bag, as I found a crumpled up pair of pants in the pocket (spares, not dirty I should add! She takes spare pants when she goes to the beach with Bill because she always ends up falling in the sea when paddling).

    So all ready to go. Feeling a bit sad about it, but then I remember I've ordered two Diana Dors dvds' from Amazon and they should be here tomorrow. I can watch them in peace! Just need to make sure I don't forget school run at 3!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Violet always fall in the sea accidentally on purpose as well? :) The past few years I've really missed Amy and Thomas when they've gone back, but lately I don't feel as lost without them and I'm ready to get back into my own routine.

      Most people seem to be in double figures regarding mirrors in their house. Of the 15 we have only 4 are actually used for what they should be.

      An afternoon of films sounds good to me. My sister once fell asleep and was really late picking her daughter up. She was mortified. I'll be checking your blog later to see if you have any confessions to make about picking Violet up lol xx


      Delete
  6. We're obviously not at all vain here. Just 11 mirrors. Which I should use more often as, unknowingly, I've been walking round with a big blob of toothpaste down my front.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yes I know that feeling. Suddenly catching a glimpse of yourself and realising you've been walking around all day with a blob of something on your face. Mark makes me laugh. He'll suddenly stand up walk over to the mirror, have a good look at himself, then sit back down again. No idea what all that's about. I'm quite happy with my morning and evening 5 minutes. At 48 years old I know what I look like and it's not always a pretty sight! xx

    ReplyDelete