Monday, 13 July 2015

Aarrghh!

That's how I feel at the moment. 

I'm just popping by to say I'm taking a break from blogging for a few days.

Tom was admitted to hospital on Saturday with fluid on his lungs/heart failure and although he seems to have rallied we are spending a lot of time with him as well as trying to get things sorted out.

To be honest if I was giving out badges for Village Idiot I'd have handed out a bucketful in the past 48 hours. 

It comes to something when an 84 year old man dying of cancer has to mess around with his mobile at 11.30pm to ring us to tell us the staff won't give him his oramorph.

No matter how many times we've told the nursing staff over the weekend that the consultant didn't prescribe it for pain but to control his coughing, when he asks for it they will insist on asking him if he's in pain. When he truthfully answers no they won't give him any. So the poor bloke has gone 2 days with no oramorph which means that as well as dealing with what he's dealing with he's probably had to cope with going cold turkey.

Anyway, Mark got on the phone to the ward at midnight last night and made it quite plain what he thought and Tom got what he needed.

God help those who can't speak up for themselves or who have no family to help them out.

For his own good I'm hoping Thomas will be back in the home sooner rather than later and hopefully I'll be back to my usual routine of reporting what's happening at Number 38. 

Thanks for listening :)

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Understandable break to take! We'll be here when you need us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all in my prayers x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this.thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not surprised you need a blogging break. You have a lot going on right now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough times for you all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear this, thinking of you and your family during this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OFGS this post made me mad. Why deny an old man, clearly in distress, vital medication that will make him comfortable?

    ReplyDelete