Friday, 5 June 2015

Still Hunting

It's Mums birthday tomorrow so I went into Middleton today on the hunt for a present. She can be a difficult customer to buy for but I found something eventually. 

I also spotted this handbag while I was sat having a brew with Mark and Tom. It was staring at me from the shop window opposite the cafe. I spent the whole 'coffee break' deciding whether to buy it or not with my birthday money. I think it's a bit of a love it or hate it accessory. As you can see I decided to love it. It's a little bit lighter in real life. I do love lemon, it's my favourite colour. 
The final job in the garden was completed today. I planted up 3 hanging baskets with impatiens. Now it's time to just sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labour.
We went to see Joan tonight. She's in fine fettle and never happier than when we are feeding her her beloved chocolate eclairs. 
Thomas gets a bit fidgety after 10 minutes of visiting so me and him nipped across the road and went on an elderflower hunt down the lane opposite the home. We came back empty handed. Heaton Park is off the agenda this weekend as well as it's the Parklife Festival. I might just have to admit defeat.
Only a little bit of jigsaw done today. I've started on the lady pushing a bike but I'm having trouble with these faces as I can't find hers either.
Maybe things will look clearer after a glass or two of this. 

xxx





7 comments:

  1. Love that bag! It looks so perfectly summery. (Handbags are my 'thing'. Always have been, always will be.) Shame about the elderflower hunt. We have a tree in our garden and I made cordial for the first time last year. It was delicious mixed with sparkling water but no-one else here drank any. Honestly, some people...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another reason why I'm thinking of giving it up as a bad job. I know for a fact nobody else at Number 38 will touch it. I might buy some fruit and make a cordial from that instead. The bag is still on my table so that I can admire it. Hope there are no superstitions about that lol xx

      Delete
  2. I agree, love that bag!! So happy and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Candace. Anything lemony just makes me feel instantly uplifted. The other bonus is that it's big so there's room to put everything in that the family give me to hold while we're out and about. Just call me 'pack horse'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheat with the elderflower and buy Bottle green. Much easier in the long term. ;-)


    And I love the idea that at the end of the jigsaw the only pieces left unfitted will be the faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to do something as these elderflowers are proving to be very elusive. I want to make cordial though and I won't rest until it's out of my system so I'm going to look for some other recipes in the week. I've found the faces - go me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you treated yourself to the bag. Mums deserve to treat themselves :O)

    x

    ReplyDelete