Thursday, 4 June 2015

Perfect for Painting & Pimms

When I came downstairs this morning Mark was in the garden painting the shed. He's an early bird and as we've been waiting for a break in the weather to be able to do some garden jobs he decided to get cracking. By lunchtime he'd done the shed, painted the decking and cleared some rubbish.
Then I got to do the frilly bits. Percy Pig, the ducks and the plant pots all got a good wash down.
The butterfly Thomas bought for my birthday went in the pot of lavender. 
The Remembrance Poppy was planted underneath the fuchsia bush.
And my new candles were put out - for Madam to enjoy!
We needed to pop to Tesco for a couple of things and while I was there I spent some of my birthday money on a bottle of Pimm's that I suddenly had a craving for. I also bought some strawberries and I've got my fingers crossed that the weather holds over the weekend so I can enjoy my treats sat in the garden. Considering I'm not really a drinker lately the odd glass or two of something alcoholic seems to be slipping down nicely.
The jigsaw is coming on. The pram is finished but the lady pushing it remains faceless. Today I moved onto the side section and managed to do quite a bit. It's funny really. I can sit down and in the first few minutes do a good chunk then I sit there for ages and can't fit a single piece. 
We're off for our weekly visit to Mums now. I'm hoping it might be warm enough to sit out for 10 minutes when we get back so that I can light my new candles. I've got my blankets to hand just in case.

xxx
 

6 comments:

  1. The garden is looking good! You could do with a chimnea or a firepit to make sitting out any evening a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel Jem. We've got a firepit and even some wood in stock so we could get that going this weekend. Might not need it though if the alcohol does its job lol xx

      Delete
  2. I have got my tins of blue paint ready to paint the new fence when we get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shed colour was a toss up between blue or green. I'm a bit conventional though so green won the day. Hope your fence job goes better than ours did. xx

      Delete
  3. Everything is blue or purple in my garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. What no yellow! Lol :) Do you only have blue or purple because you really don't like any other colours or do you just prefer a colour co-ordinated garden? If I was brave enough I'd paint my shed lemon but I'm a bit of a wuss really! xx

    ReplyDelete