Thursday, 18 June 2015

Fancy Hairstyles and Meals

Thomas wants to cook a fancy meal for Mark for Father's Day. Rather than have it on the day we've decided to have it Saturday evening. Fancy meals always seem extra special at night I think. Thomas has an idea of what he wants to cook and we've decided cherries dipped in chocolate will be nice as part of the dessert/pudding/sweet, depending on where you come from.

Sweet Williams are on the windowsill this week, a big bunch only cost me £1.50. The stocks I bought last week were lovely but only lasted 4 days before wilting quite dramatically overnight.
My seaside shelf is progressing slowly and Thomas has donated one of his many treasure chests to the cause. He has a thing about treasure chests and has several in his bedroom. I think it stems from his obsession with SpongeBob SquarePants when he was younger.
Adopted daughter did Amy's hair tonight. It only took her about 10 minutes. I was really impressed. I've no idea how she did it but it looks really professional. She doesn't want to be a hairdresser though, she wants to do beauty.
Tom had a hospital appointment today. The confirmation letter wasn't very detailed but he told us it was because he'd asked about chemotherapy while he was in hospital. Apparently the Doctor had ruled it out but she did mention radiotherapy. Unfortunately, I think Tom had got hold of the wrong end of the stick. 

The appointment was just to check that his infection was clearing up, which it is, and to re-jig his tablets. Radiotherapy was briefly mentioned at the end of the appointment if the cancer started to bleed into his lung, but Mark said she was only making the right noises. It's becoming clear that Tom needs to think that treatment can still be given at some point. And in his position who wouldn't want to cling onto that hope. 

xxx





4 comments:

  1. that hair do is so good. What a lovely thing to have a natural talent like that.

    cherries dipped in choc sounds so good. Might have to give that a go for myself.

    Stocks are hit or miss aren't they? Sometimes they wilt so quickly, other times they last for ages. Sometimes I think it depends on the colour. When I buy white or the pale purple they go over quickly, but the darker purple seems to last. I bought some last Friday and they are still in a vase. Some of the lower flowers looked a bit sad so I picked them off, but the rest are ok. Replacing them all today though. Maybe I'll show a pic of the flowers I get today. I used to do that quite often, but then worried that other people might not care about my flowers so stopped. Seeing yours inspires me.

    I must away. Time to get up & get ready.
    Have a lovely Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Rachel, you couldn't have summed it up any better. He either can't or won't read anything into the fact that treatment isn't really an option. All we can do is carry on doing what we do with him as normal. Which today means a trip into Middleton for a look round and a coffee. xx

      Delete
  3. The stocks were disappointing especially as the flowers from Lidl usually last ages. I love looking at flower pictures so I'd be interested to see what you buy today. You can't beat a blast of colour on a blog page it's good for the reader's soul.

    That hair is fab isn't it. Trouble is Amy gets really hair sore and after 10 minutes of wearing it pinned up she has to take it out. It's a shame really but adopted daughter has got used to her creations disappearing pretty quickly.

    Hope you have a lovely Friday too. Is it really weekend again! xx

    ReplyDelete