Sunday, 31 May 2015

Birthday Girl

So, as of around 12.30am ish, I am now 48 years old, (Mum can't remember the exact time, she says it was a bad labour and she's tried to erase it from her memory). My age doesn't bother me at all now, getting older is a bonus. Life is what it is and it only moves forwards.

What I find a little bit scary is how fast time passes. Me and Mark can be talking about something that we can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, and then we realise it was 20 years ago. 

I've had some lovely presents. Thomas has obviously picked up on the gardening theme this year and he chose these lovely garden candles, gardening gloves and a butterfly for me.
And his card made me smile with his 'yours sincerely'.
Amy and 'adopted daughter' made me a lovely basket full of smellies. They arranged and wrapped it themselves and I've got bubble bath, lotion, gel, shampoo, bath bombs, candles etc. I think a luxurious soak in the bath might be on the agenda this week.
From Mark I got a bottle of my favourite perfume. I once had a body like this but we're talking many moons ago.
And my brother and sister-in-law came down for a brew and gave me this lovely teapot which is right up my street. 
I couldn't wait to start the jigsaw and as I don't have a board big enough it will be a puzzle of 3 pieces which I'll join up at the end.
I made Sunday lunch as usual then Mark, Amy and Thomas made afternoon tea. It was hard choosing which cake to have but after a lot of deliberation I went for the strawberry tart. Delicious!
The only disappointment of the day is that Home Fires isn't on but apart from that it's been a lovely birthday. 

xxx







14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day ( apart from the Home Fires! ) x happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. It was a lovely day but I was sooooo disappointed when I realised Home Fires wasn't on; made worse by the fact it was to cover BGT Final - I can't stand the programme. Never mind, it meant I got to spend more time on the jigsaw. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a good time, and I LOVE the "Yours sincerely". You'll have to tell his teacher that the lessons on writing letters weren't wasted!

    And the strawberry tart looks absolutely yummy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tart was yummy and I could have eaten two, possibly three! My first thought when I read the card was "bet they've been doing letter writing in school". I know I'm biased but he's a real cutie pie. xx

      Delete
  3. Many happy returns! Looks like there's been lots of lovely treats.

    Yours sincerely, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Liz, thank you so much for your kind birthday wishes. There were indeed lots of treats and the card from Thomas was lovely. It's a pleasure to have such a polite young man in the household. Yours sincerely, Suzanne :) xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, glad you had a wonderful day and lots of treats and goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janice. It was a lovely day. The presents were perfect and the strawberry tart went down a treat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday - glad it was a lovely day. (I've never heard of Home Fires.......... I'm hopeless at keeping upto date with what's on)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess. I really like Home Fires, it's about the women's institute in WW2. It's a nice easy going drama in an era I like. The series is inspired by the Jam Busters book I've just finished reading. If you can find it on catch up it's worth having a look. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you had such a good day, lovely goodies you've got there.

    ooh, strawberry tart. Now you've got me craving one. Cheers for that! ;o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a lovely day thanks Saide. What can I say about the strawberry tart apart from ....... Go on, you know you want to :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Home Fires sounds like something I would like but I do not think it is available in the USA yet. :( I love Call the Midwife which we do get on PBS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the birthday wishes Candace. Call the Midwife is another favourite of mine. They did 2 Christmas Day specials here - made my day! Vanessa Redgrave's voice is perfect for narrating she has such a soothing tone. Hope Home Fires makes its way over to you one day, I'm sure you'd love it. xx

    ReplyDelete