Thursday, 23 April 2015

Garden plans

Another lovely day here at Number 38. It was even warm enough for me to sit outside for lunch. I was very good and had a huge salad with feta cheese. 

I bought a fuchsia bush from Lidl which I've already planted up - I wasn't going to make the same mistake as last week and it went straight into the trolley this time.

We've decided as we're not going abroad this year we'll spend some time and money on the garden.

The first job will be to get the fencing done and we're just waiting on a quote for that.

Then there'll be some tidying up to do, old pots to throw away, patio to clean, shed to paint etc.

I've ordered some outside lights to hang on the shed to give us that 'abroad' feeling when we're sat in the garden drinking our zinfandel on those warm summer nights (she writes dreamily!).

And Mark also likes the idea of having artificial grass laid. I can hear the sharp intakes of breath from all you gardeners out there, but my sister and friend have it and it looks OK. We've had proper grass in the past but we've come to the conclusion over the past few years that although we like a nice garden we're not gardeners and we don't like doing any of the manual work that comes with it, especially mowing the lawn.

All sounds quite simple when it's written down doesn't it. We'll see just how much does get achieved over the next few weeks. 

In the meantime, one pictureless post down and four to go before the camera arrives. 

xxx







2 comments:

  1. well, I'm not one to judge, if fake grass suits you, your family, your home, then that's what you should do. It's no different from people who deck out their entire back garden, just a different fabric.

    I always have fairy lights out in the garden. At Christmas I had them draped around the greenhouse and around the kitchen window, and they're still up. I love pretty lights in summer, they make summer bearable!

    Bill was saying he needs to spend a day in our garden soon. Spuds need to go in, the grass needs cutting, roses tying in. Trouble is, he's so busy Monday - Friday in other peoples gardens he doesn't have time for ours. I've suggested we hire a gardener!!!

    Reading your most recent post, I'm glad all the eye appointments went well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way to look at it. I think it's the 'concept' of artificial grass I'm struggling with but the 2 gardens I've seen it in look really nice.

    My sister's husband owns a building company and she's lived in some real messes over the years waiting for work to be done on their house. The only time anything got sorted was if work was a bit slow, then he'd send a posse of his men round. Mind you, it was worth the wait, her house is lovely now it's completed.

    Your garden sounds lovely; roses, vegetables, greenhouse, fairy lights and real grass! Perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete