Friday, 24 April 2015

Eye, Eye

Mark took his Dad to hospital for his annual eye check today. It's to do with his diabetes and is the one where drops are put in your eyes and then afterwards you're not allowed to drive. Thankfully, everything seems fine so no problems to sort out there. 

Tom has been reading in the paper about cannabis oil being used as a cure for cancer and is going to ask his nurse about it when she comes next week. I find it sad that even at the age of 84 he's still hopeful of a cure. None of us are ever ready to go I don't suppose.

After picking Thomas up from school it was his turn for an eye test. We took him last year as he was doing a lot of squinting but his sight was fine, even though we discovered he was colour blind. He's on their hit list now, so I expect he'll get called back every year. Once again he got a clean bill of health with the optician saying he had 20/20 vision.

And while we were there I chose my new glasses. Unlike Amy, I'm not fussy about how my specs look and I was the one who steered the sales assistant to the cheap and cheerful range. 

So, I'm happy to report that all eyes are present and correct at Number 38 and also Number 14.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment