Thursday, 2 April 2015

Crochet Bags and Holidays

Amy and Thomas are on holiday now which means 17 non-early get ups and 17 non-sandwich making days. Bliss. Thomas won second prize in his class for his dalek egg. There was no posing in this photo - he was just genuinely pleased.
I'm having a break from sewing over the Easter holidays. It's too messy a job with the kids around. Sewing machine on table, cutting mat out, ironing board up, pins everywhere, kids in and out with friends, holidays to pack for - no thank you.

Instead the hook and wool are back out and I'm making little bags to send with the dresses.  
I didn't realise knitted/crocheted items were wanted and it's a good use of the wool I've got as we don't need any more blankets at Number 38. These bags are really easy to make, just one long block of rows, folded over and sewn up the sides. Then add a handle. Here's the finished product modelled by Amy. 
I bought strawberries from Lidl today. They are deeeelicious. Just how strawberries should be, soft, sweet and very tasty. I don't think they'll last long.
It's lamb for Sunday lunch. I'm not sure who I think I'm feeding but it looks as though I could cater for an army. 
Tomorrow I'm making a fruit cake for Easter Sunday. I've got the fruit soaking in a splash of whisky and mixed spices to give it a bit of oomph.
We're watching the live debate tonight. Seven speakers in total, plus an extra one live from Number 38, who after his bottle of wine will probably be more vociferous than the lot of them put together. Heaven help me. 

xxx




3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the 8th leader being more vociferous than the rest! And well done to Thomas for his Dalek egg; it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel Jem and welcome to Numbere 38. Number 8 was true to form and vocalised his opinions all the way through the debate! I must admit me and Thomas are pretty proud of the dalek egg. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angel Jem and welcome to Numbere 38. Number 8 was true to form and vocalised his opinions all the way through the debate! I must admit me and Thomas are pretty proud of the dalek egg. xx

    ReplyDelete