Monday, 16 March 2015

When size really does count

Amy went shopping with her friends on Saturday. She bought:

A new school bag that her lunch box won't fit into.
A beautiful pale lilac coat which was on a size 10 hanger but is actually a size 20, ("did it not feel big Amy?" I asked. "Well, a bit but I thought that was the style and my friends said the colour suited me").
A hundred pairs of knickers, (slight exaggeration but not much), that are size 6-8 when she really should have bought 8-10. 

"You're going to put this on your blog aren't you" she said woefully. "I cannot tell a lie", I replied. "Yes". 

This means of course that on Wednesday I now have to queue up at Primarni customer services to exchange everything. That's if I can, as the receipt has been lost and everything was bought in the sale, (she did get brownie points for that). So whether there's anything in her size to exchange remains to be seen. 


Not that she's at all grateful. In fact there was a bit of face pulling because I wouldn't go today. Over the past week my beautiful little butterfly seems to have morphed into a rather chopsy big ugly bug. When I pulled her up on her attitude, the reply I got was "well I am a teenager, Mum".
Which of course, when you're 15 obviously covers a multitude of sins.


xxx






3 comments:

  1. Why are you exchanging the items? Teenagers are just the right age to begin righting their own mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you exchanging the items? Teenagers are just the right age to begin righting their own mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because we go to Bury every Wednesday so it seems churlish not to do so. xx

    ReplyDelete