Friday, 13 March 2015

Back to normal

The laptop is mended. It needed a new hard drive. The cost of that and whatever else Big Bad Baz had to do was £90. It's been a rather expensive week all round. Mark did try to sort it out himself but when you need a new hard drive no amount of fiddling around is going to solve that. Not sure if the Utterly Butterly was part of the repair process or whether it had just been left out. You can never tell with Mark.
Thomas went to school wearing his red nose. They're not doing anything for the charity this year but red noses were welcome. I suppose if everyone in his school buys one that's £420 to the cause, or whatever percentage they get. Amy's school aren't doing anything either. I think they might alternate yearly with Children in Need and they have their own charity that they support as well.

I had bloods taken this morning. Now I don't want to tempt fate but the last 2 or 3 times the needle has been in and out again within seconds. A far cry from when they used to have to have 2 or 3 goes on each arm. It'll be interesting to see what my cholesterol level is this time. I had to go back on the statins as it shot through the roof when I came off them, but I'm now on half the dose so I'm hoping they're doing the job. Here's my badge of honour!
Sewing has been slow this week, but I managed to finish a dress for one of the older girls today.
Kangaroo pockets are flavour of the month at Number 38.
And I can even throw a side split or two in now. Without sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet, I'm improving on every dress I make. These seams are so much neater than the ones I did last time. Mum's sewing genes are obviously kicking in, even if it is a little late in the day.
I've got my eye on a couple more duvet covers on eBay but I'm pretty rubbish at remembering when the bidding is ending and I've missed some already. Never mind, if there's one thing eBay doesn't seem to be short of it's duvet covers.

xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment