Tuesday, 24 March 2015

A Brand New Car

I have a brand new car! Aged 47, it's the first time I've actually owned my own car. Yes, we've had cars and at times we've even had two but I've only ever been named as a driver - the 2nd one! 

She comes courtesy of Tom trading in his car and also a trade in of our second car. Tom decided that as he was no longer able to drive he was going to sell his and Mark happened to mention we were thinking of selling ours to get me something smaller. I'm not a confident driver and the cars Mark chooses just keep getting bigger and bigger. Driving them isn't a problem, but parking and reversing them certainly is. Anyway, Tom suggested trading both cars in together and buying me a brand new one. How lucky am I? 

Today we picked her up and here she is. I'm not into cars in all honesty. All I know is it's an Aygo, it's automatic (I haven't done gears for several years), it's red, it has a sunroof and 4 doors and we don't have to pay tax. 
All cars at Number 38 are christened so henceforth she shall be known as Cherry. She's a little belter isn't she?

I was a bit nervy on the school pick up but I'm sure in a few days I'll be whizzing around in her. 

Mark's job tonight is to read the manual and then convey in very basic terms everything I need to know about her in order to get me to and from school, my Mums and Middleton. 

I have a feeling me and Cherry are going to get on very well together and Amy already has her eye on her for when she learns to drive in 2 years. Heaven help us. 
At the moment though Thomas has staked his claim. If I pulled the seat forward a bit more and sat him on a cushion he'd probably be able to drive it. He looks like he's just got home from a hard day at the office, don't you think?

xxx






6 comments:

  1. Happy new car! I only drive dinky ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've been begging for a smaller car for ages. Size is obviously a man thing, especially the middle aged ones lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas does seem like he’s ready to take the car out for a spin. Haha! Anyway, your new car looks great! I hope it stays with you for quite some time. Drive safe!


    Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s never too late to own your own car. It might take a while for some, but they’ll get there eventually if they really want it. That said, having your own car brings about great convenience, especially if you plan to go on a lot of trips in the future. Anyway, the car looks really nice, congratulations on finally owning one. Thanks for sharing!


    Victoria Robbins @ Diviniti Auto Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a nice new car and i really love the color of it, I might want to get the exact same one for my wife as she is in desperate need for a new one. Something small and zippy that is easy to park and get around town in. That red is such a great color for it!

    Christopher @ Subaru Of Bend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for your new car. She is really gorgeous. Toyota!! You will have a great ride ahead man, your wife and son too. I can understand how it is to buy an own car. First of all have a look on the user manual and inquiry about the servicing and maintenance because it is the most important part that a user should know. Also you can talk to Toyota repair canoga park for guidance. Try to find the best Toyota service center at your location. Always keep in mind to go for a reputed one.

    ReplyDelete