Thursday, 26 February 2015

Prepared

I'm quite often caught out with eggs at Easter. By the time I go to buy some, usually the week before, there aren't many left to choose from. Which is why this year I'm prepared and posting pictures of Easter eggs 5 weeks before the event. I only buy for Amy and Thomas and my nephew and niece who live near us. The two smile ones are for the boys and the butterfly ones are for the girls.
 I used up the last of my material yesterday but have managed to find another 5 pillowcases in the YMCA charity shop. I definitely struck lucky as I've been keeping my eyes open for a couple of weeks now and there's been nothing suitable in any of the shops.

These are some of the dresses I'll be posting tomorrow along with 3 bigger ones that I've made for the 13/14 year olds.

It was prescription day today so this little lot should keep my ticker ticking over nicely for the next 28 days. I really need to make an appointment to have my bloods done. I hate it, but it's a necessary evil.

Mark has a new watch and the strap needed adjusting which meant cutting it. He's done it before but after taking this picture I had to look away. This was definitely a case of measure twice and cut once if no expensive mistakes were to be made. 

And as usual we had our Thursday 'night out in' at Mums. Mark goes armed with a bottle of wine and I get to be the keeper of the car keys. 

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely chocolate eggs and such a good idea to shop early for the best choice. You did a great job with those dresses. Hope an equally great job was done on the watch strap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of making them. I've had to hide the eggs in the depths of my wardrobe so I don't succumb. The watch strap is fine. Phew! x

    ReplyDelete