Monday, 23 February 2015

Back in our routine

Amy and Thomas went back to school today. This time last year we'd been to London to see The Lion King. A year on and neither seemed keen to go anywhere, each preferring their home comforts and for Amy days out with friends, so we stayed put. It's only 5 weeks and 4 days before they break up again for Easter and that will fly by.

There's been a lot of housework done today, but I've found some time to make bias binding straps - 6 in total. It's time consuming but easy enough to do and doesn't cost anything as I just use strips of dress material.  
The house feels ready for another mini de-clutter so this week I'll be sorting through books, toys, clothes etc and taking them round to the local charity shop. This is my first attempt. Thinning the books on my bedside cabinet. My favourite was When in Rome. It was fiction but the story was interwoven with facts about Mario Lanza which I found really interesting.

I also popped out to Asda to buy Thomas some new PJ's but they didn't have any. While I was there I picked up a fitted sheet and this box to keep my scraps of material in. I only noticed the corner was damaged when I was taking a photo but I won't be taking it back. It would cost more in petrol and time than what I paid for it.
I have a 'need to buy' list and a 'need to do' list on the go. The main thing is to find kennels for the dogs. Matthew was going to have them but he's got a new job which means he's can't help out. I've been recommended one by my sister-in-laws friend which looks good and I've e-mailed them to see if the dates we need are available, so I'm just waiting to hear. I'm not that keen on them going in but there's not much I can do about it and at least they have each other so hopefully won't fret too much.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the decluttering. I find it so difficult to let stuff go. Have you considered having the dogs stay with carers in their home? That's what we do with Boo and he seems to be ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did consider them staying in a home and there's a couple at Thomas' school who do it and it looks great. The problem is they have children and to be honest we can't trust Sparky with children apart from ours, although there's usually a lot of finger poking and not listening from the kids side, but I'd be mortified if he bit somebody. xx

    ReplyDelete