Wednesday, 7 January 2015

The process begins

On the way to school this morning Mark dropped his dad off for a blood test. After the nurse had done her thing, the Doctor decided he wanted to see Tom and look at all the letters he'd received. So they came home to get these, then went back to see the GP. After this they went straight to Royal Oldham Hospital for his first appointment - a cardio echogram or as Tom would say 'radiogram'. He's terrible for getting words wrong and I'm not sure whether he does it on purpose or not. There is a manager at Joan's home called Philomena. He will insist on calling her Philadelphia no matter how many times we correct him. 

Next week there are hospital appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at Manchester, Oldham, Bury and Rochdale. The plus side to all this is that Tom loves hospitals and hospital appointments. He sees them as an outing and he'd rather spend a week on a ward being looked after than a week in a hotel. That's just the way he is.

I've ordered myself some passion fruit and peony shower gel from Avon and some strawberry and guava room spray for Amy. 
There are a few 'new' winter pansies poking through the mass of dead ones in the hanging basket. I really need to tidy it up but it's too cold and windy today.
I've crocheted a few more rows of my blanket. It's surprising how quickly it grows fitting in a few rows here and there. 


And I've also taken advantage of a quiet morning and read a couple of chapters of my book. It's an airy fairy girl meets boy kind of story. Nothing too taxing which is perfect at the moment.
We are already one week into January and I feel as though I should have some plans for the coming weeks and for my life in general, but I feel uninspired to do anything very much. So rather than force the issue I'm just going to go with the flow of daily life and all that comes with it for the time being.

xxx


















2 comments:

  1. Clearly there's a lot happening in your world at the moment and going where the music takes you is probably the best plan. At least it sounds as if your father in law is in good hands. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you're right. I'm just going to see what happens. I don't feel the need to do or plan anything much at the moment so I won't be forcing the issue. xx

    ReplyDelete