Thursday, 29 January 2015

It's Arrived

No, I'm not talking about the snow! My lighthouse picture arrived late yesterday afternoon and I can't tell you how thrilled I am with it. Josie had sent me a tracking number and I'd been logging on to Royal Mail for the past couple of days to see where it was. Apparently "in progress" seems to be a good enough clue because that's the only message I kept getting.

Anyway, it came just after Thomas got in from school and the little man himself was first to the parcel.  He wanted to know if it was the XBox game he'd ordered the night before. We obviously need to work on common sense and measurements!
The excitement I felt as I opened it was unbelievable. It's been a long time since I've really looked forward to receiving something so much. It was certainly well packaged. The first layer of bubble wrap I removed gave a tantalising clue as to what was to come.
And removing the second layer gave me an even better idea of what delights lay in store. I loved it already and it was still wrapped up.
And then there it was. Talacre Lighthouse. Absolutely beautiful. Josie had captured it perfectly. It was certainly above and beyond anything I'd imagined.
I wanted it on the wall right there and then so Mark obliged and got out his trusty rolling pin for a spot of picture hanging.
I've struggled to take a decent picture of it because of the light and reflections but this will give you an idea of what it looks like. Unfortunately, my photography skills really don't do it justice which is such a shame.
I keep walking over to look at the tiny stitches and different pieces of material Josie has used.
The glass effect at the top of the lighthouse is beautiful and she's even got the rainbow in that I asked for.

Talacre was the first family holiday we had after my heart attack. The walk on the beach that day was perfect and I can't describe the joy of watching Amy and Thomas clambouring over the rocks and climbing up the steps.
I know that every time I look at this I'll be transported right back to that perfect holiday and time in our lives. Thank you Josie.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment