Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Culinery Experiments

Last night we had fish fingers, chips and beans for tea. It's actually Mark's favourite meal and he always says it would be his last supper choice if for any reason he ended up on death row. Thomas and me aren't keen on them so we had salmon with peas. On the table there was ketchup for Amy and Thomas, mayonnaise for Mark and lemon for me. And therein lies the problem. We all have very different tastes. It drives me nuts, but I'm as big a culprit at times as the rest of them. 

Today, however, was my first culinary experiment on the children. Beef casserole with roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli. I knew for a fact they would eat the potatoes and veg but there was a big question mark over the casserole.
I carried on regardless though chopping and cutting until it was ready to go in the oven. I would have used the slow cooker but I'd left it a bit late in the day.
 A couple of hours later and this was the end result. This is Mark's portion, not mine. 
It looked pretty good and tasted pretty good too and me and Mark polished ours off. 

Thomas' verdict was 'I don't like the meat' and Amy declared it was 'lovely' after picking out the shallots, mushrooms and peas!

Tomorrow night we will be back to 'normal' food. Bangers and mash or spaghetti bolognaise. I shall persevere though and next week there will be a steak and mushroom pie on the table for them to try.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment