Saturday, 24 January 2015

Bread Making

Tonight we are having minestrone soup, fillet steak and profiteroles. I haven't made the soup but I've made the bread to go with it.

Amy loves homemade bread and asked me to  make some in the week but I didn't have any flour. I've just used the recipe which is on the side of the flour packet.
 It's so simple to make I don't know why I don't do it more often.
 The kneading part was the hardest and I had to keep stopping for a rest.
 I decided to make a cob which is simply a case of shaping it into a round.
 Then leaving it on the tray to rise for 45 minutes.
No need for re-kneading. It went straight into the oven for 15 minutes on 230C, then 15 minutes on 200C and this was the result.
And 15 minutes later the first slice was cut for Amy to have with butter and strawberry jam. I'll have to wait for it to cool as warm bread gives me indigestion.
I'm looking forward to dunking it in the soup later on tonight.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment