Sunday, 28 December 2014

Taking It Easy

Today has been a mooching around the house kind of day. I've got to admit I didn't realise it was Sunday but even if I had I wouldn't have been cooking a roast dinner, so didn't feel too bad for the family. Instead we've picked at leftovers and munched our way through mince pies, Christmas cake, chocolate and of course my trifle.

I love a couple of non-structured days but tomorrow I know I will be ready to get back into some sort of routine, which will include the basics such as getting dressed and going out for some fresh air!

But today, we are still very much in holiday mode. We've spent the day playing scrabble, kerplunk, UNO and painting some models that Thomas has made.

Amy has been digesting Manga art tips and putting her skills into practice. There have been a couple of artistic temperament outbursts, but on the whole she's producing some really lovely work.

I tried to make a robot with Thomas but after 10 frustrating minutes my patience was wafer thin and Thomas was bored with the lack of progress, so we gave up and put it back in the box. This is definitely a father and son job.

There has been a teeny weeny bit of tidying up and a small pile of washing and ironing done, but apart from that I'm not feeling inspired to clean around all the decorations and bits and pieces that come with Christmas.

I have my notebook to hand and already there is a fair list of things to do on it such as banking, the tip, and a draught sealing job on one of the windows. 

Truth be told, I'm quite looking forward to getting back into the swing of everyday life.

xxx










2 comments:

  1. A game of Scrabble played here, too. And Christmas cake for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know I'm in good company. I can't believe how lucky I am that Amy and Thomas enjoy scrabble. It's one of my favourite games but Mark detests it. xx

    ReplyDelete