Monday, 29 December 2014

Routine

Today, the slobbing around officially ended and I was back in my routine of getting up and dressed at a decent hour ready to start the day. 

We've not had any snow here but it is frosty and foggy. I'm a bit disappointed as I love snow, as long as I don't have to go out in it. My winter pansies are looking a bit sorry for themselves all iced up in their tub.
One of the things on my 'to do' list was to transfer all birthdays and appointments over to my new calendar. I love a new calendar. A whole, shiny new year ahead of us with nothing planned as yet. The only downside is these years seem to be passing quicker than ever lately, a sure sign of getting older!
Housework is still very limited, but my days of not doing much are numbered now as the decorations will come down on New Years Day. Mark on the other hand has been doing a bit of DIY. We have a draught coming through the kitchen window and the beginnings of a damp patch, so he's raked all the old sealant out and re-done it.
We went into Middleton and did some banking and some bits and pieces of shopping. I also bought some silly string, party poppers and some cheap plonk for New Years Eve. Notice the different coloured lids. Which silly string belongs to who is very important to Thomas. 
Mark's dad isn't well again. He's got another bad chest and cold. He didn't even come down for his tea on Boxing Day. He rang an hour before to say he wasn't feeling up to it, so we plated him up some food and sent Amy up with it for him. 

We paid our usual Monday evening visit to Joan and she's looking fine as usual. In the New Year we have to find a permanent home for her to move into. I'm not sure that will be as easy as it sounds. Mark has rung 6 local ones already over the past couple of weeks and they're either full or unable to take her because of her care needs.

There's always something to sort out isn't there?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Everything is covered with a white frost here but, like you, I do prefer a good fall of snow ( there's just a sprinkling on the hills). Hope your father in law's health improves, sounds like he's having a rough time. Good luck with finding a care home, too. I've been in that position and it isn't easy when you consider what's at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not going to be easy that's for sure and Joan isn't able to tell us anything about her daily routine, which makes it harder for us. Ideally we'd like to be able to choose a home for her, but it's looking as though we won't have that luxury. xx

    ReplyDelete