Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Nearly there

Well, to sum up the concert in a few words. Amazing, Fun, Emotional and Absolutely Flipping Fantastic. It wasn't at all what I expected and I can highly recommend a date with Andre - he does not disappoint. I clapped, swayed, sang, waved my arms around, laughed and cried. It was a night that I will always remember.

Last night we went to The Lowry for our annual Christmas drink with my sister. It's always lovely to catch up with her as we only see each other 2 or 3 times a year. It's actually been quite a busy December for me this year, meeting up with friends, meals out, concerts and family visits. All very enjoyable and fun.

I feel like I'm on the home run now regarding Christmas. I've just got to get Amy to ice the cake tomorrow while I make a few mince pies, then in the afternoon we are off to see Nativity 3. Mum is coming with us and then staying over so she can wake up with us on Christmas Day which we are all looking forward to.

I've done all my food shopping and think I've got everything we need. We don't go overboard, and anything that I've forgotten we will just have to do without. For us Christmas lasts 3 days - Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, then it's all back to normal.

I'm now sat here watching TV dipping into my annual box of Turkish delight and I'm already way past my 3 pieces that I said I would allow myself! Foodie treats are hard to come by now when everything can be bought all year round, but I still have 2 things which I keep specifically for Christmas. One is turkish delight and the other is home-made trifle. I absolutely love trifle but nobody else does apart from Mark's cousin Ken. So I make one every Christmas for me and him. He always takes some home with him and the rest is kept in the fridge for me to indulge in. Deeelicious!

Amy and Thomas are really looking forward to Christmas. Thomas is on pins wondering if Santa will bring him an Xbox One and Amy has asked for some Manga art books which she can't wait to get her hands on. It's been a while since I've seen them so excited and it's all adding to the festive spirit. 

Only 2 more sleeps to go!

xxx








2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you enjoyed the concert. Sounds like it was a wonderful evening. Turkish delight (from London's Borough market this year) and trifle are making their annual appearance here, too. Can't wait to get stuck in! Have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you posh thing! Mine was from Lidl. Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the trifle. Hope you enjoyed yours and had a lovely Christmas. xx

      Delete