Saturday, 27 December 2014

It's Over

Well, that's it for another year. I'm glad I'm not one of those people who spends months planning for the occasion as it really is over in the blink of an eye. To be honest after Boxing Day I'm ready to get back to normal and could quite easily take the tree and decorations down, but we always leave them up until New Years Day.

I did de-Christmas my dining room this morning though and removed the two Santa hats I'd hung on the picture! I also emptied the display cabinet of all the tags, ribbons, wrapping paper etc. that I'd just shoved in there over the past couple of weeks because I'd no idea where else to put it all.
 We had no plans and no visitors today so I made the most of it and relaxed in my PJ's. I've watched a bit of TV and read some of my book that the children bought me for Christmas. 

I've also added my new charm to my bracelet, (I choose a puppy in honour of Wendy's arrival into the family), and then I indulged in an afternoon tipple of Baileys on ice and a bowl of trifle. After all, it would be rude not to really.
I'm wanting to make the most of the next few days as Mark's Dad had a phone call from the Doctor on Christmas Eve asking him to go for a CT scan on New Years Eve. He's had a bad chest for 6 months now and antibiotics haven't done anything. Over the past 2 months he's had 3 chest x-rays and now he needs a scan. What with all the sorting out we've had to do for Mark's mum with meetings, telephone calls, visits etc. we could really do with it not being anything too sinister. Thankfully, he has an appointment with the consultant straight after the scan so at least we won't have to wait for the results.

Anyway, positive thinking and all that. But just in case, I'm trying to keep things simple and easy for us all over the next few days, both physically and mentally.

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment