Friday, 28 November 2014

Poppy and Fillings

My poppy arrived last night, which I was really excited about as I'd received an e-mail a couple of weeks ago saying it would be delivered January/February.

Thankfully, mine has survived the journey and arrived intact. I feel sorry for those who have received broken poppies. If mine had been damaged the offer of a replacement just wouldn't have felt the same. I'd have wanted the actual one that was part of the display.

Anyway, I've posted a few pictures below.

 The box that it arrived in, with the certificate and a booklet about the charities that the money is being donated to.
 You have to assemble the poppy yourself. Not sure if you can see but the poppy has mud on it and the stem has rusted from being out in the weather. I think this makes it even more special than receiving a sparkling clean one.
 It's really hard to get a good shot of it made up.
 I just need to find something to display it in now

I had my two fillings done today. I've not had any dental work done for years and it's the injection part that I'm not keen on. Thankfully, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, in fact after she'd administered the numbing cream I didn't really feel a thing.

The whole thing was supposed to take 20 minutes but actually took 35. This was because the cavity was deeper than she thought and much deeper than any she'd seen for a long time, according to her. In fact, mid-procedure there was a 3 way discussion between myself, the dentist and the dental nurse on whether to remove the tooth completely. I was all for it but they decided to fill it and see how it goes. 

I've been advised to take painkillers due to the fact that I had 4 hands in my mouth for so long pulling, tugging and pushing at me. Up to now I've not taken any as I'm still numb but I have the paracetamol on stand-by just in case.

xxx




3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for my poppy to arrive which hopefully will be intact, like yours. Sympathies regarding the dental work. It all sounds quite brutal. Must admit I struggle to keep my gob open just for a check up and on more than one occasion have been asked to stop biting the dentist's finger! Hope you have a pain free weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! x I will keep my fingers crossed for your poppy arriving safely. I thought you were still on your happy hols ao I'm just going to pop over and catch up with your blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your poppy! I was too late to get one, they were all gone... glad it's not broken, that would be so sad x

    ReplyDelete