Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Oodles of Poodle

Sparky had his fur cut today. He has a 6th sense about such things and whereas a call of walkies and a jangle of the lead usually has him jumping around like a lunatic, today he just hung his head low and slunk off into a corner. I literally had to drag him out of the house and push him into the car where he whined for the whole journey. 

Anyway here's his 'before shot'. He definitely has oodles of poodle in this photo don't you think?

And here's his 'after shot'. The remit is always the same, "short back and sides, no fluffy bits and definitely no pom poms (the only exception being his tail - after all every doggie should have a tail to be proud of), oh, and don't forget to muzzle him". Apparently, he has a nasty habit of whipping his head round and nipping fingers when his legs are being trimmed.
It should have cost me £37 and for this he gets a wash and shampoo, a cut and his nails clipped. Because I'm a VIP member (I think everybody is!), I get 25% off plus I had a 10% discount voucher which they also took. So, I only ended up paying £24.97.  

I will get the difference out of the bank and put it in my 'save the difference pot' which I started a couple of weeks ago. I've snaffled this piggy bank from Thomas who will probably snaffle it back again when when I'm not looking and it's full of money!

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just popped over after reading your comment on The Quince Tree and and so glad I did! I love the way you write about the everyday, right up my street!! Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chel and welcome to Number 38 x I try to write about the sort of thing that I like to read on other people's blogs - the nitty gritty and everyday mundane stuff that makes up most of our lives. I suppose I could wax lyrical but that's not really my style. Really glad you enjoy the blog x

    ReplyDelete