Sunday, 14 September 2014

Back to Baking

I've not done any baking for ages. I bought a punnet of blueberries from Lidl this week and decided to make some muffins. There were a few more than this in the bowl to start with, but Amy found them in the fridge and had a bit of a blueberry binge.

There were still plenty left for the job in hand though. I only wanted to make 6 muffins, we've already got some bought chocolate chip muffins and big cookies in the house.
 I didn't mix the blueberries into the batter but layered the mixture and blueberries in the cases, finishing with a couple of blueberries on top. I had a little rhyme going on in my head whilst doing this - 3 for the muffin, 3 for me, 3 for the muffin, 3 for me.
 I baked them at 180C for 25 mins and they looked pretty good, even if I do say so myself.
And I have to say they tasted pretty damn good too. 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, they look delicious. I love blueberry muffins and Lidl's blueberries (mostly from Poland, I think) have been so very good. I made half a batch (6, like you) of blackberry muffins the other day after a spot of foraging in the hedgerows and they were tasty, too.

    Yet again, I've been missing your posts. Should be sorted now I really am following on bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious which I think is why I found only half a bowlful left in the fridge! I'm going to try raspberry ones this week and buy Amy her very own punnet of blueberries to gorge on. xxx

    ReplyDelete