Sunday, 15 June 2014

Spiders & Bees

If you don't like spiders look away now.

I was sat in the garden yesterday when this big boy started abseiling down from underneath the table.

I also had two very busy bees flying backwards and forwards collecting nectar from the lavender.
I spent a relaxed 20 minutes just watching the spider and the bees going about their business and listening to the birds singing before hauling myself off the chair to go inside and do some ironing.

We watched the England game last night and thoroughly enjoyed it even though we lost. 

As promised to Amy and Thomas the blow up bed was pumped up around 9pm and there then ensued a lot of romping around and fighting between them, no doubt fuelled by the maltesers and big chocolate buttons that were on offer.
We put up with this for a good hour before Mark issued his own yellow card to them both!

Thomas did really well and made it through the first 10 minutes of the second half before falling asleep. And even though Amy stayed awake for the whole of the match, within 5 minutes of it ending she was also well away giving it some zzzzzzz's.

Father's Day today and Mark got a toblerone, a cup full of chocolates and a bottle of glenfiddich. It's been 20 years since my Dad died and although I miss him, it makes me feel especially sad when I think of all the things that have happened over the years that he's missed out on.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment