Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Exercise

This time last year I weighed exactly the same as I do now and I think I'm going to have to get my head around the fact that the only way I'll lose any weight is to exercise. 

So today I dusted off the treadmill. It's been stuck in the corner gathering dust since Mum moved out in January. Pretty soon after she'd gone we moved Thomas' x-box in there with all the paraphernalia that goes with it and it has now become his room.

His infiltration meant that the treadmill got folded up and pushed into a corner. The blooming thing weighs a tonne and it's beyond me to pull it out and put it back every day, so I sort of conveniently forgot about it. However, for the sake of my health and sanity - Mark keeps reminding me how I don't use it and how much it cost - I've decided to re-acquaint myself with it. 

So, yesterday Mark moved it to the shed for me and I fully intend to do 2x10 minute stints every day. Not much granted, but I have to be a little bit careful. Where exercise is concerned though, my spirit is willing but my flesh is very weak.

I'd convinced myself that walking the dog every day was good enough but really I can't class this as exercise. It's more of a steady amble with a fair few pit stops thrown in so Sparky can take in all the local canine aromas that have been left on every corner.

So, between now and going away in 4 weeks my new weight loss theory is to forget the food bit, strangely no matter what I eat or don't eat I stay the same, and try the exercise part instead.

I'll let you know how I get on.

xxx




2 comments:

  1. hope it's going well. get yourself some kind of online tracker to record your distance/time, it's amazing what an incentive that can be x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit old fashioned. I write down what I've done on the calendar in the kitchen. Just about to post my weekly results. They're ok-ish but not brilliant, xx

    ReplyDelete