Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Exercise - one week on

So, I'm 7 days into the exercise regime and I'm not sure what I think really. 

Firstly, I've discovered that 12 minutes of exercise is my absolute limit before I feel like I'm about to conk out. In this 12 minutes I can walk a fairly good paced 0.65km and burn around 50-60 calories. However, I'm that knackered afterwards it can take me an hour to recover so I've only done one session each day. The fact I'm so c**p obviously means I need to carry on exercising so I'm going to persevere. One positive is that last year I was able to walk for 15 minutes but at a much slower pace. 

Secondly, a few facts and figures. In the last 7 days I've walked a measly 4.83 kms (2.72 miles) on the treadmill for a grand total of 72 minutes. Doing this has burned a whopping (not) 440 calories. 

On top of the exercise I've tried to be more conscious of what I'm eating. I've not cut anything out but I have been enjoying meals like this lovely feta cheese salad open sandwich. 
And of course all the lovely fruit on offer at this time of year makes it a little easier to forgo the chocolate biscuits, although admittedly not all of them.

And do I have anything to show for my efforts?  Well I would like to announce (drum roll please), that this time last week I weighed in at 11.13lbs; today I weigh 11.111/2lbs.

The whole thing has hardly been what I would call motivating but I'll carry on and see what happens this week.

xxx






2 comments:

  1. keep at it, little and often is good, don't push yourself too hard or you'll give up, and 1-2 lbs a week is the perfect weight loss x love your blog post about the beach visit, that ogre is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tess, I feel like giving up already. Not lost a thing this week. Surely 1lb should be fairly easy to lose? xx

    ReplyDelete